[This Post Was Published on: Mar 9, 2014] Mac OS X is also gaining success and becoming more popular along with Windows. There are thousands of people who love to use Mac computers and ever search for top featured Mac apps. So, in case if you also have a Mac device then you would definitely search for different Mac applications. Today, I’ve come up with such an exciting article for you. Here, you’ll find 10 free and top featured Mac applications in March 2014.
Free & Top Featured Applications for Mac
Now, without wasting your precious time, I just move on the list of 10 most popular, free and top featured Mac applications. So, have a look on each of them –
OS X Mavericks is a free Mac application developed by Apple itself. With more than 200 new features, OS X Mavericks brings Maps and iBooks to the Mac, introduces Finder Tabs and Tags, enhances multidisplay support, and includes an all-new version of Safari.
As I told you it contains hundreds of features, so some of its most dominant and demanded features are following –
- Download and read books from the iBooks Store
- Keep multiple books open while using other apps
- Send directions from your Mac to your iPhone
- Find restaurants, stores, and other places of interest
- Create new events in a snap with the new, streamlined event inspector
- Protect your online privacy with new tracking-prevention features
- Declutter your desktop by consolidating multiple Finder windows into one
- Select a custom view – icon, list, or column for each of your tabs
This 4+ rated app is compatible with OS X 10.6.8 or later. To install this Mac application, visit the above link from your Mac computer and download it free of cost.
GarageBand is also a free Mac application by Apple which enables you to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. You can add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. It also enables you to easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls.
Some of its most lovable features are following –
- Provides a fresh new look, designed for easy music making
- You can add a virtual session drummer to your song
- A simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
- Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments
- You can create a song with up to 255 tracks
It is also a 4+ rated Mac app which is available in multiple languages including English. It is compatible with OS X 10.9 or later.
3. Memory Diag
Memory Diag helps you to monitor and optimize your memory usage with a simple click. It is partially free Mac app because it provides the free service for a limited period of time. You can quickly access detailed memory information and diagnosis from your menu bar.
Other lovable features of this app –
- Quick memory optimization
- Easily accessible memory statistics of OS X Mavericks
- Dynamic menu bar icon displays current memory usage
- Memory pressure meter and notifications
- List of apps with significant memory usage
- Detailed memory information
- Smart memory diagnosis
It’s also small in size and it is compatible with OS X 10.9 or later. Another thing is that it works only on 64-bit processor.
OneDrive is a free Mac app by Microsoft developers which works as Sky Drive. When you install OneDrive, a OneDrive folder is created on your computer. Everything you put in this folder is automatically kept in sync between your computers (Mac or PC) and OneDrive.com, so you can get to your latest files from virtually anywhere.
There are a lots of features of this app. A few important features are here –
- Quickly add new files to OneDrive by dragging them to the OneDrive folder
- Access your OneDrive right from the Finder
- You can easily choose the folders in your OneDrive that you want to sync on your Mac
- Easily organize your files and folders in OneDrive, just like any other folder.
It is very small in size and you can install it from the above link. It is compatible with OS X 10.7.3 or later.
5. Flap Flap
Flap Flap is a free game which is top featured in Mac app store. It is not necessary application but it is top featured because of its one exciting feature. Actually, in this game you need to save the bird you handle and it helps your little guys to avoid the obstacles.
How to play :
- Click or press space to flap your wings
- Avoid obstacles
- Beat your Highscore!
It is also small in size and compatible with OS X 10.8 or later. If you want to play it or for your kids you can install it from the above link.
Xcode is a free featured Mac application developed by Apple itself. Xcode provides everything developers need to create great applications for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Xcode has unified user interface design, coding, testing, and debugging all within a single window.
So, if you’re interested in designing your own Mac apps, then this app will help you a lot. Have a look on its more interesting features –
- Provides innovative tools to help you create great apps
- Streamlined interface that is faster and easier to use
- You can design your interface side by side with the backing source code
- Schemes let you customize exactly how your app will build, run, profile, and deploy
- Professional editor keeps you focused on your code
- Instruments for visual performance analysis
According to me, it is very useful Mac application and you should install it on your Mac computer. It is so gin in the size (2.09GB). It is compatible with OS X 10.8.4 or later.
Microsoft Remote desktop is another free Mac application developed by Microsoft corporation. I previously published about the Android version of this app to control your PC from Android phone. So, with the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, you can connect to a remote PC and your work resources from almost anywhere.
Experience the power of Windows with RemoteFX in a Remote Desktop client designed to help you get your work done wherever you are. Some of its most emerged features are here –
- Access to remote resources through the Remote Desktop Gateway
- Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
- High quality video and sound streaming with improved compression and bandwidth usage
- Easy connection to multiple monitors or projectors for presentations
- Print from Windows applications to any printer configured on your Mac
- Access local files on your Mac from your Windows applications
This app is very useful for everyone and absolutely free as well. So, what are you thinking? Just install it on your Mac computer by following the above link. It is compatible with OS X 10.6.0 or later.
The Unarchiver is another useful free Mac application to unarchive many different kinds of archive files. It is small and easy to use program which can open common formats such as Zip, RAR, 7-zip, Tar, Gzip and Bzip2. Not only this but it also open many older formats as well. I will discuss them in the features.
So, have a look on the important features of this 7th top featured Mac application in March 2014 –
- Open common formats such as Zip, RAR, 7-zip, Tar, Gzip and Bzip2
- It also open many older formats, such as StuffIt, DiskDoubler, LZH, ARJ and ARC
- It will even open other kinds of files, like ISO and BIN disc images, some Windows .exe installers
It is very small in size i.e, 5.3 MB and you can install it on your Mac computer from the above link. It is compatible with OS X 10.6.0 or later.
It is just like as an eBook reader for your Mac device. So, Kindle is a free Mac app which gives users the ability to read Kindle books on a beautiful and easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store, including best sellers and new releases.
It is developed by Amazon with awesome features. Have a look on some of them –
- Provides three free books on Kindle store
- Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy
- Google and Wikipedia links to get more information
- Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit
- Turn pages by clicking the arrow keys or by clicking the either side of screen
Its size is 40.7 MB and compatible with OS X 10.6 or later. You can install this app from the above link of Mac app store.
Octagon is an absolutely free game for your Mac computer. Actually, octagon is a minimal arcade game where you have to move fast or be left behind. As the floor moves beneath you, spin your world around to dodge speed bumps.
Can you survive the mad race through this trippy 8-sided tunnel? So, ready to do it.. Have a look on its additional features –
- Pure challenge with no in-app purchases or cheats
- No ads to show
- Original soundtrack by Sqeepo
- Unlimited number of randomly generated levels
Its size is 8.9 MB and compatible with OS X 10.8 or later.
Guys, as I mentioned in the title “Top Featured”, these 10 apps are top featured on the Mac app store. There is no app in the list of my choice. I just provided those featured apps in front of you to make you aware of them. But, in my point of views, most of them are very useful for a common man and for those who regularly use the Mac computer. According to me, you should install any of them by reading the details carefully I provided with them.
More Interesting Stuff: