Using a smartphone is difficult when growing older and can turn out to be a real challenge for people suffering from severe sight loss. Nevertheless, very few Android apps are available to help visually impaired people connect to the smartphone world as easily as sighted people.
Today, more than 246 million people suffer from low vision worldwide. Do you also? Now, don’t worry! If you feel difficulty to read on your smartphone or find what you are looking for on the screen because of your low vision, Claria Zoom will help you a lot in this regard.Let's know about the Claria Zoom Android app for low sighted peopleClick To Tweet
What is Claria Zoom?
Claria Zoom is an award-winning Android application that makes life easier for elderly and people suffering from eye diseases (AMD, glaucoma etc.) and helps them stay active and independent.
In very simple words, Claria Zoom is a mobile zooming app specially designed for partially-sighted people to read text and view items on smartphone screen more comfortably in bigger size.
The app honestly doesn’t intend to magnify or bring a new keyboard in all android apps as of today. But, it offers the ability to enjoy big characters/keyboards/vocalization for more than 20 functions such as multimedia, communication, camera etc. inside the app making them much more comfortable to use on a daily basis.
So, you will be needed to open the Claria Zoom app to enjoy the big characters/keyboards/vocalization for more than 20 functions, and also anytime you can move to the default launcher of your Android phone, just by tapping the Android icon.
Why to Choose Claria Zoom?
Claria Zoom is an award winning and the most advanced Android app for partially-sighted people to help them use their smartphone with perfect readability.
Claria Zoom comes with many great features that are enough to make the life of partially-sighted people easier, such as:
- The bigger comfort to read and write text messages and emails. The app offers the bigger comfort to read and write text messages and emails with bigger in size fonts. Also, it lets you customize the font size according to your need.
- Voice recognition feature to dictate text messages. It’s another great feature of Claria Zoom app which lets you dictate the messages and emails without typing on keyboard. It adds more comfort to the visually impaired people.
- Bigger phone dialer and contact list. Making phone calls and search any contact in the smartphone may also be a biggest hurdle for low vision people. But, no need worry now as this app also offers a bigger phone dialer as well as contact list.
- 20+ features redesigned for partially-sighted people. In the Claria Zoom app, 20+ standard smartphone functions (as mentioned below) are redesigned to make them bigger, easily navigable and catchy for low sighted people.
20+ Redesigned Features
The following 20+ smartphone features are redesigned by Claria Zoom for partially-sighted people to help them use smartphone as normal sighted people.
- Communication: Phone, Contacts, Text messages, Emails
- Utilities: GPS, Calendar, Clock, Calculator, Voice memos, Notes, Weather, File explorer
- Multimedia: MP3 music player, Newspapers, Radio player, Book reader (Daisy, MP3, ePub 2), Web browser
- Camera: Take a photo/video, Electronic magnifier, Optical character recognition (OCR), Flashlight, Barcode/QR code scanner.
How Much Does it Cost?
It costs $3.99/month (99.99 INR/month) and I think it is worth of it. I tried the app and found it really useful for partially sighted people. For new users, it provides 30 days free trial and after the trial period you will have to pay the amount.
How to Get Started with Claria Zoom?
There’s nothing special to do for getting started with Claria Zoom. It’s very easy to use. All you need to Download it from Google Play and once installed open it.
It offers a tutorial when you open the app. You should take the complete tutorial tour to well understand the working of the app. After that you should activate your 30 days free trial. While activating free trial, you must be connected to Internet.
MUST READ FOR YOU:
That’s all. Now, experience things bigger in your Android phone. You can anytime navigate to your default Android theme and Claria app. Even after navigating to your default theme, you can get phone calls, messages still in bigger in size so that you can easily read them even with your low sighted eyes.