People these days love to keep a bootable USB flash drive to anytime install Windows operating system in their system. There might be many reasons to keep a USB flash drive instead of CD/DVD to install Windows such as:
- USB offers some advantages like faster read/ write speeds
- Your computer may not have a DVD drive
A few days back, I’ve already written a guide on how to create bootable USB drive for Windows 7 and Windows 8. And in today’s tutorial, I will guide you how to make a bootable USB flash drive for Windows 10 operating system.
How to Make Bootable USB Drive for Windows 10
First of all, make sure that the USB flash drive that you’re willing to convert into a Windows 10 bootable media should not have any important data on it. This is because the following process will format the drive and you will lose everything on it.
Also make sure that the drive is of minimum 4GB capacity, as the process requires 3GB of space. With having these things in mind, just follow the below-mentioned steps to make a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive.
- Very first, download the Windows 10 media creation tool. Here’re the links to download the Windows 10 media creation tool for 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) Windows respectively.
- Once the Windows 10 media creation tool is downloaded and installed, launch the application. You’ll then be asked What you want to do? Select Create installation media for another PC, and click Next.
- In the next screen, you need to select your preferred language, architecture and the edition of Windows you’re using, and then click on Next.
- On the next step, you’re required to choose USB flash drive when asked Choose which media device to use as you’re creating a bootable USB flash drive for Windows 10.
- The Media Creation Tool will begin downloading the ISO straight to your pen-drive. Once the download completes, Finish the setup.
That’s all! You should now have a Windows 10 bootable USB flash drive, based upon the options you chose. If you’re facing any problem with these steps or Windows 10 media creation tool, you can try using the Windows USB/DVD tool that was specially designed for Windows 7 but works for Windows 8 and Windows 10 too. You may read this article to learn how to use Windows USB/DVD tool.