A guest account is an account for users who don’t have a permanent account on your computer. It allows people to use your computer without having access to your personal files and data inside your hard disk. People using the guest account can’t install software or hardware, change settings, or create a password. So, before creating or start using the guest account, you have to turn it on. If you’ve Windows 8 computer, then this guide will help you to turn on or off guest account in your Windows 8 PC.
Turn On or Off Guest Account in Windows 8
I performed some easy steps to make you learn that how to turn on or off guest account in your Windows 8 laptop or desktop computer. For ease of understanding, I’ve included screenshots with the steps performed that’s why you can learn easily.
So, have a look on these simple steps to turn on or off Guest account in Windows 8 computer:
- Open your Windows 8 PC and search for the term “Guest” the search bar. Next, click on Settings and then click on Turn guest account on or off.
- In the next popped up screen, click on Guest to change the settings.
- Finally, you’ll see the screen to turn on or off the guest account. So, click on Turn on or Turn off button according to your task and you’re done.
More Windows 8 Tips:
- How to Get Windows 7 Look like Start Menu in Windows 8
- How to Hibernate Your Windows 8 or 8.1 Computer
If you turn on the guest account people who do not have an account on your computer an use the guest account to log on to the computer and password protected files, folders and settings will not be accessible to guest users. Opposite to this if you turn off the guest account, only administrator or authorized person can access the PC and guest users will not be able to access the computer.