Greeting text means a welcome message that appears when you start your computer. A welcome message in your computer looks very impressive and cool when you open it. You can easily set a greeting text or welcome message to your computer by editing your Windows registry.However, we all know that editing registry is very risky task so you have to be careful about that while editing it. A little mistake may lead to crash or corrupt your whole Windows. I will tell you step by step procedure to set a greeting message to your computer.
- Click on Start button and enter the term “regedit” under the search bar and hit enter.
- When you click on ‘regedit’, it’ll ask for administrator permission to make changes to your computer. So give the permission by clicking on Yes button.
- Now registry editor appears in front of you. In the left pane of the registry editor, navigate to the following key:
- After that one be one navigate to these keys:
- Now, at the right side, you will see the character strings “legalnoticecaption” and “legalnoticetext”.
- Double click on “legalnoticecaption” and define the title for greeting message and enter the actual message by clicking on “legalnoticetext”.
- Finally close the registry editor and restart your PC.
MUST READ: Collection of Hundreds of Computer Tips
Now, after restarting your Windows PC or laptop, you’ll see the effect that your greeting message has been setup. If you apply these steps carefully, then you will never undergo any problem.