The iPod and iPad are both designed, manufactured and marketed by Apple Incorporation. Both of the devices have several similarities and a lot of difference.
Now we will learn one by one about iPod and iPad.
The first iPod was released on November 10, 2001. Now latest four versions of iPod are released that are iPod suffle, iPod Nano, iPod touch and iPod classic. iPod touch is more similar to iPad, because it supports touch screen, emailing , Internet browsing and gaming like iPad.
Storage capacity in iPod depends on the model of iPod.Its range starts from 2GB to 160GB where iPod suffle starts from 2GB to a great storage of 160GB in iPod classic. Generally a iPod is a pocket sized device used to play music and multimedia.
A FireWire connectivity is also provided with an iPod device. File transfer is done in iPod with the help of a software rather than simple copying files to the drive.
iPad: An iPad is also designed,manufactured and marketed by Apple Inc., which runs on Apple iOS operating system.It is a tablet device that can play music, shoot videos, take photos, games and provide other features like Apple app store, GPS navigation,web browsing and more.
The first iPad launched in 2010 and now the latest versions of iPad released in 2012:the fourth generation and iPad mini.The new versions of iPad provides E-reader to access the books. It is very amazing, works like a real book. iPad also supports the phone calls over the Internet.
Difference between iPod and iPad
- An iPod is basically used to storing music, photos and videos whereas iPad allowing iPad app and iTunes for all music collection and E-reader for book reading on Internet.
- iPad has Wi-Fi connectivity with Bluetooth and EDR technology but iPod is built in wireless connection for web browsing.
- The iPod battery lasts longer than iPad.
- The display size of iPad ia larger than iPod.
- iPod is a low cost device as compare to iPad. iPad price range starts from$499 whereas iPod range stars from $59(iPod suffle) to $399(iPod touch).
Difference between iPod and MP3 player
- Actually MP3 players run files in many formats like MP3 format and Windows media whereas the iPod doesn’t support the Windows media.
- Another difference is that iPod can run app programs from app store of Apple whereas MP3 player can’t do this.
- A big difference between iPod and MP3 player is that some iPod models have the camera that can take videos however no MP3 player can have this feature.