Are you in search of some WordPress plugins to turn your text into speech? If yes, then you are at the right place where you will get some great suggestions about the best text-to-speech WordPress plugins for your blog.
Reading several web pages for long hours is impossible for everyone, especially those with visual disabilities or weak eyesight. If your content is available in audio format, it can be listened to anytime while traveling, during a workout, or while walking on the grass.
With the help of a text-to-speech WordPress plugin, you can convert your blog content or text into speech or audio automatically without any effort. You don’t need to record each audio in your voice or follow any complex or lengthy process.
You can even utilize TTS plugins for making tutorials, stories, or podcasts with a written script.
TTS plugins have made text-to-speech conversion as simple as making tea. All you need to select the right plugin. Here I have listed the 8 best text-to-speech plugins for WordPress, which will make your words alive by giving them a voice.
Top 8 Text-to-Speech Plugins For WordPress Blog
Check out the below listed 8 TTS plugins for your WordPress website. These Plugins are simple to use and come with different voice styles. These plugins are available in both, free and paid versions and allow you to convert your text into an audio file. Let’s check them out.
BeyondWord is a text-to-speech WordPress plugin for those who are looking for a natural sound collection with an embedded player. There is a bonus point that you can modify your voice too. Tools are available to create, distribute and monetize your audio.
It has 720+ realistic voices in 64 different languages. It also allows you to monitor listener engagement via analytics. Its text-to-speech editor allows you to do modifications to your voice.
Its free plan allows you to convert 30,000 characters per month. You can, however, upgrade to its paid plan which starts from $25/month.
- Easy to implement and affordable.
- Ability to share audio manually and through URL interface.
- Auto-post on popular platforms like Google podcast, Spotify, etc.
- Get access to text editing and publishing.
- Speed optimization is not up to the mark.
- It loads unnecessary resources on website pages.
- This plugin doesn’t follow the text while playing audio.
Play.ht is another fantastic text-to-speech plugin for WordPress. This plugin is SEO-friendly and suitable for content creators. With this plugin, you can adjust voiceover text, narration style, tone, play, and pause. You can easily create audio through URLs or text and the best part is you can also add audio in your own voice. It comes with an enable-to-listen option on the screen.
It comes with 260+ voices in 55+ languages. The user will have a volume adjustment button. Users can share it on social media or download that file. And the most important thing is it allows effortless sharing and publishing of audio files or podcasts with other platforms like Spotify, iTunes, Google Podcasts, etc.
It comes with a trial version that allows you to convert only 100 words. You can upgrade to the paid version anytime which starts at $14.25/month.
- Amazing customization options.
- Allows you to convert text format.
- Can be utilized on any HTML platform.
- Users can hear content in a go without disturbance.
- Some users reported that it is slow in the conversion of files.
- The podcast feature is not up to mark; you cannot select the order of the article.
- Doesn’t have any free version.
3. Trinity Audio
It is a specially designed text-to-speech plugin for WordPress. This is ideal for content creators like bloggers. You can integrate it with other plugins like Play.ht and enjoy additional features.
Some of its great features include 125 languages with 600 accents in natural voices, automatic translation, multiple speed options while playing audio, a complete CMS available to manage and distribute content, a user-friendly dashboard to display statics and reports, and allows you to change the playback speed.
It comes with a free version with limited features. The free plan allows you to convert 5 Articles per month (1000 words will be considered as 1 article). Paid Plan starts from $18/month.
- Transcription service through various cloud-based service providers.
- Earning opportunities for site owners through advertising.
- The conversion speed is good.
- Get more engagement by changing the playback speed.
- You can turn it on or off on post as required.
- Options for configuration are limited.
- Most advanced and unique features are for paid plans only, like CDK and CMS.
4. Remixd Voice
This extremely lightweight plugin converts written text into audio files, which are compatible with every platform. It is suitable for media companies and those site owners who are looking for a high-quality audio solution. Go for it if you want excellent user experience, high quality, various voice styles, and manageable options in one plugin.
This free text-to-speech WordPress plugin allows you to convert text into multiple voice styles, track and monitor results, connect with smart speakers, automatically convert existing as well as new articles into speech, and more.
- The plugin is lightweight and appropriate for mobile users.
- You can create campaigns based on engagement level and listener behavior.
- You can share content with smart speakers like Amazon’s Eco speaker.
- For pricing information, you need to connect the company as it is not mentioned publicly.
- Low user rating.
You can start your podcast or convert your blogs into a voice using Listen2It. Just install this plugin, and without any role of your credit card, you can create an audio file using its SEO-friendly player. Listen2It is easy to install and supports multiple languages.
Its noticeable features include 500+ voice styles, 70+ languages, inbuilt audio hosting on a global CDN server, advanced audio analytics, and monetization with audio advertising. Moreover, it allows you to customize speed, volume, timbre, and pitch. It also lets you publish your audio content on popular publishing media like iTunes, Google Podcasts, and Spotify.
It has a forever-free plan that allows you to convert 5 articles to audio every month. You can upgrade to its paid plan which starts from $9/month.
- Good voice quality with speed and volume control.
- Large database for voice styles with analytics.
- An advertising feature is also available.
- Audios are sharable on leading third-party channels.
- The conversion speed is average.
- Chat support or email id for support is not available.
It uses Google’s strengths to give you the most satisfactory experience and quality of text-to-voice conversion. You can also set exceptional customized audio for your audiences, such as greeting for the day or any special occasion.
It has both free and paid versions. The paid version starts from $39. The plugin supports 50+ languages for text-to-speech conversion. You can set custom styles and languages for a specific segment. Even it allows you to set custom events. You can choose the type of speaker; there is a good variety of 40 speakers.
- A great listening experience with different voice styles and languages.
- Autoplay is flexible; you can adjust it as per your wish.
- Many users complained about errors and bugs while running.
- You need to upgrade to use different languages on one page, which is expensive, while this option is available in other plugins for free.
7. ResponsiveVoice Text-to-Speech
In responsive voice, you have the authority to change the parameter of voice and text. This plugin is to give your website a speaking ability. You can upload your MP4 file or provide a YouTube URL. You can adjust pitch volume and rate with shortcuts. It will also allow the display of messages such as a welcome message or any vital information.
It supports 51 languages in 160 voice styles and allows automatic voice generation at the time of website upload. The plugin comes with a forever-free plan with some limitations. Of course, you can upgrade to its paid plan which starts at $39 per month that supports unlimited conversion.
- The sound quality and pronunciation are good.
- Voice assistance is available.
- Variety of styles and supports multiple languages.
- The rating is low.
- Some users reported that male and female voices are merged, especially while using Deutsch (German) language.
- The email id for customer support is not available.
8. Website Voice
This is another option if you are looking for a text-to-speech plugin for WordPress to convert web-based content. It has automatic content recognition power and recognizes your content. This AI-enabled plugin has realistic voice options. Users can adjust and regulate it as per their needs.
You’ll need to have a websitevoice.com token to use this plugin. Tokens are completely free for 14 days but after this period, you will need to upgrade to keep using this plugin’s services.
Some interesting features of this plugin are multiple voice styles, multiple languages, customizable audio files, and adding custom audio like intro, etc. before the text.
- The voice quality is good.
- The language library is vast, which makes it perfect for multi-language websites.
- It will automatically recognize content.
- Doesn’t have a forever-free plan.
Above mentioned text-to-speech plugins for WordPress are available in free and paid both versions. These are extremely helpful for informative websites such as blogs, news, learning portals, etc.
You can select any plugin per your need and requirement to convert your content. As mentioned earlier, which one would you like to pick from the list? And how was your experience with the performance of the plugin? Tell us in the comment box.