Organizations and freelance workers alike are often met with the difficulty of organizing email correspondence. Default Gmail features do not include the ever-so-useful possibilities to know whether your message has been read, or the ability to send your drafted email at a set date and time.
They are not to be found among Gmail’s famed experimental features either. This is where Deskun comes into the picture.
What is Deskun?
Deskun is a simple one-click installation Chrome plugin to increase Gmail’s productivity. It consists of two main parts:
- Free unlimited new Gmail functions, like mail tracking, templates, message snoozing, and the ability to send messages at a scheduled time.
- Low-price helpdesk and project management system fully incorporated into the Gmail suite.
Free Features of Deskun for Gmail
First off, the free features granted show up in the usual Gmail UI at the bottom of the message editing window:
Here all the new features are one click away:
- “Send later” does what it says. Set the message dispatch time and date with a neat calendar. Useful for messaging en-masse and reminding other people of important things to do.
- Snooze the message to be reminded of it at the set time. Snoozed messages reside in the Deskun: Snoozed folder and can be accessed from there at any moment. Even outgoing messages can be snoozed.
- Access to templates lets you create a custom blueprint for multiple messages. Existing templates are available from the dropdown menu right from within the message edit window. Deskun’s templates are very flexible and use tags like <my email> and <my name>. So, templates can be shared between several people!
- The mail tracking feature adds an invisible marker to the message. Marked messages gain a special icon in your mailbox. Its color tells you whether the message has been read. Hovering over the icon reveals the time of opening.
Deskun freebies will be useful to anyone and fuse particularly well with Deskun subscribers’ functionality.
Must Check: All Useful Keyboard Shortcuts For Gmail
Deskun Paid Subscription Features
Deskun’s extended features allow you to create a fully functional management system and a client support suite. Everything is handled in Gmail, with no additional software required. This is particularly convenient for organizations that already incorporate other means of communication into their work process. The subscription features of Deskun toe the same line of extreme simplicity and functionality as the free features do.
Paid subscription grants users the following capabilities:
- Create workgroups, called “queues” in here. The people within the workgroup share the same mailbox.
- Emails therein obtain new attributes useful for workflow organization. As an example, messages coming into the customer support queue will have deadlines and responsible persons assigned to the task, among others. These attributes are transparent to anyone who has access to the message. A manager in charge of the workgroup can track the completion status and observe possible migration of the task between responsible persons.
- Notes can be left directly within the message thread that are only visible to the business’ internal staff.
- Messages in such a shared mailbox can be locked to everyone apart from the responsible agent in the queue. This function makes sure that only the required number of personnel works on a given client query.
- All these options and others can be switched on and off in a very simple control panel.
In essence, one can organize a very clear workflow with a few clicks in Gmail. That makes migration to the Deskun system particularly easy.
Related: How To Schedule Your Emails in Gmail
Subscription to Deskun comes with a transparent pricing plan and at a very low cost, especially when compared to the potential competition:
These prices should make Deskun very appealing to new entrepreneurs and young businesses.
Another distinctive feature of Deskun is its own customer support and attention to users. The development team is eager to hear new ideas and wishes.
More useful functions are being added to subscribers’ accounts very soon. Integration of multiple different messengers and social networks, fully functional API, and a custom live chat system are among them.
Thus far, Deskun provides a great tool to young professionals and businesses. Do share this post with your friends on Facebook, Linkedin, and other social networks. Also, let me know if you’ve got any questions.
Editor’s Note: This is an old article published in April 2017 so it’s possible that as of today some features might not work. If you would like us to update this post with any newest features or information, please contact us.