To the untrained, the prospect of standing in front of an audience to either inform or entertain can be paralyzing. But it doesn’t have to be like this; because Public speaking is a skill you can build up if you are willing to put some time into it.
Strong public speaking skills will be very useful in your career, in your social life, and in any setting where you’ll need to influence others. It’s one of the best ways to earn respect and trust. If you’re willing to learn, there are many free courses available online that can teach you public speaking skills.
I’ve decided to take a look at some of the best ones; the list below will get you started. Given that this is such a big topic, we’re going to dig into each one of these online courses to learn public speaking skills in detail just a bit further down the page. Let’s get into it:
People who can speak well in public are usually confident and they also have a number of skills that you can learn at Edapp.com. Since public speaking requires confidence, Edapp designed this free public speaking course to give you the skills to speak with confidence when communicating with a group of people.
- You will learn tips and techniques for eliminating verbal fillers-words such as “um” and “ah” for practicing fluency while presenting.
- You will learn to create gamification, audio narration, and short-form video content so you can engage your learners.
- In this course, you will learn effective techniques for public speaking as well as ways to speak confidently.
Public speaking is a challenge for everyone, but it’s an essential skill that seems to get worse with time. In this course, Udemy’s public speaking expert, Professor Chris Haroun offers plenty of ways to improve your public speaking voice and delivery.
This course is organized into 12 modules and has it all-delivery, content chapter-opening stories, examples, takeaways, challenges, helpful summaries for each module, and more.
You do not need to reinvent the wheel, you will get access to the 25 speech guides and 50 templates that’ll help you craft a speech that delivers.
- You will learn how to put forth your message clearly and how to give excellent presentations.
- You will learn how to prepare your presentation content in a systematic way.
- You will learn useful presentation skills to improve the way you convey your message.
This course is designed to help people prepare and deliver successful presentations. The course will provide you with the fundamental concepts, tools, and techniques for giving effective presentations. It can also help you further develop your ability to research, write and speak in public about your area of expertise.
If you need to give presentations of any kind – from imprompt to teleconferences, to speeches- Dr. McGarrity has the tips you need to give your presentations their best chance of success.
- You will learn how to craft speeches that are engaging, properly structured, and interesting.
- You will get hands-on projects to practice.
- You will get quizzes/assignments to access your knowledge.
Below you can access a 12-minute video lecture by Deborah Bridges, a professor at the University of Houston, on the fundamentals of public speaking. Students will be able to listen to speeches & conferences, assess the effectiveness of the speaker, be able to give feedback on what was done well, and what can be improved.
This includes a series of lectures that are easily available on youtube and one can find the lectures in the series.
- Verbal and non-verbal skills are necessary for effective communication.
- This course will help you to sharper your critique skills.
- You will further learn to understand how to apply technology used in professional presentations.
This course is designed for presenters of all levels who want to build their speaking skills through an understanding of the theories and principles behind effective verbal communications.
This course is based on the book ‘stand up, speak- the practice and ethics of public speaking’ which you can access free of charge.
This course systematically examines the elements of an effective speech and also identifies traits of the individual speaker that affect preparation and presentation.
- You will learn how to handle stage fear and speak confidently.
- This course will teach you how to develop listening skills with public speaking and presentations.
- You will learn how to do audience analysis.
This comprehensive free online public speaking course will help you become a more powerful public speaker. In this course, you will learn what makes a speech engaging and how to deliver it with power.
- By the end of this class, you will have learned how to describe your audience to your listeners.
- Learning how to outline your speech will help you understand public speaking.
- You will learn how to make your main points more well-developed in your speeches.
- Throughout the process of this course, you will learn how to deliver a speech that can be broken down into three parts: preparation, delivery, and follow-up.
- By the end of this course, you will know how to think on your feet and handle questions and answers during speeches and presentations.
Public speaking is not an innate ability we are born with, but a skill we learn. Public speaking is not something only some people can do-anyone can learn it.
In this course, You will learn how to tailor your speeches to specific audiences in order to quickly and easily increase your confidence when speaking in front of groups.
- How to learn public speaking.
- How to deliver speeches.
- Various techniques to master, prepare the speeches.
- This free course will also teach how to become a professional speaker and even look into the future of public speaking.
- This free course will reveal some important body language and how to customize a speech for your audience.
Public speaking can be intimidating, but with practice, it’s something that anyone can learn to do well. This course covers the skills you’ll need to build confidence and make your presentations more effective.
- This course will help you reflect on your own presentation style, identify areas for improvement, and develop strategies for communicating more effectively.
- You’ll learn how to give a presentation in a way that grabs and holds your audience’s attention, and you’ll also discover how to explain information so that your listeners don’t have to have prior knowledge of the topic.
- You will learn how to polish your public speaking skills by sharpening them.
- You will learn the process of creating a presentation from the initial idea to practice and sharing it with others.
- You will learn how language creates a linkage between ideas and keeps a listener engaged.
Developing your confidence as a speaker can make a significant difference to your career and personal success. The skills and techniques you learn in this course will help you become more confident, professional, and comfortable when speaking.
You will Learn:
- The process of converting ideas into speech communications.
- Knowledge about tools and methods for handling public anxiety.
- How to prepare for a speech.
- Have a critical view of the communicators you watch.
- What is the process to identify better and supporting ideas?
Have you ever wanted to tell a story? Have you ever wondered how the best storytellers do it? Do you sometimes struggle to captivate an audience with your stories? If this sounds like you, then this course is made for you.
This is a 100% free online course that will train you to become a confident, influential speaker who can use powerful public speaking, storytelling, and presentation skills.
- You will learn the 4 most important keys to effective public speaking.
- You will learn how to become more charismatic when giving a speech.
- You will learn the strategies to get booked and paid for public speaking.
- You will learn the four stages of professional public speaking.
These are the best 10 free online courses to learn free public speaking skills. You should take these free courses if you’re serious about mastering the art of public speaking.