The apps like Zomato and Swiggy are now back to work and started serving their customers with online food delivery service. But, as we all know that the danger of COVID-19 is not yet over. In fact, the number of cases is increasing every day due to unlocking the services and markets. So, especially for the people who’re ordering food online, there’re some of the most important things to remember for safety purposes.
If you started ordering food online, all you need to keep some important things in mind while ordering the food online and receiving it at home such as maintaining the social distancing from the delivery boy, sanitize the parcel, and eat the food only after heating it well.
Things to Remember Before Ordering Food Online
From ordering food online to home delivery, there’re many things we should remember during this Covid-19 period. Let’s focus on some of the important things to remember before you order food online.
- Kitchen sanitization. It’s very important to make sure if the restaurants and their kitchens are well sanitized before cooking the food. So, you should order food from only those restaurants which maintain hygiene and safety at priority.
- Temperature check. There’re some good quality restaurants that are putting the safety and first priority during this Corona period. Before you order the food online, you should make sure if the temperature of the cook and waiter is being checked or not.
- Government guidelines. The government issued some of the most essential guidelines to follow in order to survive during the Corona period. So, before you order food online, you must check if the restaurant or hotel is following the guidelines issued by the government or not.
Things to Remember After Food is Out For Home Delivery
This is very important to make sure if the restaurants and their staff are following all the essential steps to protect from Coronavirus. But, there’re many other important things you should take care of when your food is out for home delivery.
- Call the delivery boy. Social distancing is very important to be safe during the Coronavirus pandemic. So, If you’re ordering food by apps like Zomato or Swiggy, most probably you will get the contact number of the delivery boy. You should call and ask him to maintain the proper social distancing.
- Maintain social distance. When the delivery boy comes to your home, it will be better to take the delivery outside of your door and maintain the proper social distance from the delivery boy.
- Wear a mask and gloves. You need to remember a few essential things at the time of delivery. Make sure to wear a mask and gloves at the time of receiving your food delivery. If the delivery boy isn’t wearing the mask, you should not accept the food.
- Cashless transactions. If you’re still not comfortable with online payments, it’s the right time to make a change. You should start doing payments online for the stuff you buy or order online in order to stay safe from the infection.
- Sanitize the parcel. This is also very important to sanitize the food parcel before you open it. And after taking the food into your vessels, make sure to destroy the parcel. Also, remember to eat the food after heating it well enough.
Read Next: 5 Best Health & Fitness Websites to Bookmark
That’s all. These are the most important things to remember before ordering food online to stay safe during the COVID-19 period. From online food ordering to home delivery, I recommend you to follow all the above-mentioned tips to enjoy safe and healthy food.