[Published on: Apr 21, 2014] Google Chromecast is a device or dongle produced by Google to connect your mobile with television. It is now available in India. With Chromecast, you can easily enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows, photos, websites, and more from YouTube, Google Play, Chrome and more on your TV. Chromecast timely updates to work with a growing number of apps and provide you with the latest version of the Chromecast software.
Chromecast works with devices you already own, including Android smartphones and tablets, iPhone & iPad, Windows and Mac laptops, and Chromebook Pixel. It enables you to browse for what to watch, control playback, and adjust volume using the smartphone, tablet, or laptop you already know and love.
What’s Under The Chromecast Box
First of all, let me tell you that the Google Chromecast is available in India at $35 approx. So, you might be thinking that what you will find under the box. So, inside the box, you’ll find the Chromecast, a USB power cable, a power adapter (optional), and an HDMI extender (optional). It’s important that you only use the cables that come in the box with Chromecast; other USB cables and HDMI extenders may not work.
- Chromecast : You’ll find a Chromecast dongle inside the box that you can see in the above picture at the 1st place. This Chromecast plugs into any HDMI port on your TV, and uses your existing Wi-Fi network to stream video from the internet to your TV.
- USB Power Cable : The second thing that you’re looking in the above picture is USB power cable. The USB power cable provides power to your Chromecast. One end plugs into your Chromecast, and the other end plugs into either a USB port on your TV or the power supply.
- Power Supply : The third mentioned thing is power supply that also comes with the while package. But, it is optional and you can use it or not. It means if you don’t use it then still your Chromecast and whole mechanism will work perfectly.
- HDMI extender : The HDMI extender is optional, and can be used if your Chromecast does not fit directly into your TV. It’s the forth in the above picture.
How To Set Up The Chromecast Device
Now, you’ll see the whole guide for how to set up the Chromecast device. It’s the complete tutorial and I sure that I will be proven very helpful to all of you.
The whole set up will be completed in two steps. First is plug in Chromecast to TV and second is setup Chromecast on your device.
1. Plug The Chromecast in TV
You can very simply plug the Chromecast in your television. Read the following easy steps –
- Plug one end of the USB power cable into your Chromecast and the other end of the cable into the power supply and then into a nearby power outlet.
- Plug your Chromecast into any open HDMI input on your TV.
- If you do not have access to an open outlet, you can also power your Chromecast by plugging the USB power cord directly into an open USB port on your TV.
That’s it guys. Now it’s time to learn how to set up the Chromecast into your device to connect with TV.
2. Set Up Chromecast
You can set up your Chromecast in a snap using either an Android or iOS phone or tablet or a Mac, Windows or Chromebook computer running Chrome 28 or higher. You only need to set up your Chromecast once – you can cast from additional supported devices without having to set up Chromecast again. Before you begin the setup process, make sure you are connected to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi network.
Android Phone Version 2.3 or Higher/iOS Version 6 or Higher
To set up Chromecast using your Android/iOS phone or tablet, you need to follow these steps-
- First of all, you’ll have to install Chromecast app. Visit the link www.google.com/chromecast/setup to install this app.
- If you’re using Android, then you’ll see Get It on Google Play button or for iOS you’ll see Available on Apple App Store button. Click on this button to visit the app store and install this app on your device.
- Launch the Chomecast App.
- Select the Chromecast device you want to set up from the list and follow the prompts on the screen to complete the setup of your Chromecast.
Setup Chromecast on Windows 7 Laptop or Computer
To setup Chromecast app for your Windows operating system, follow these steps carefully-
- Install the Chromecast App on your Windows by navigating to www.google.com/chromecast/setup, available for Windows computers running Windows 7 or higher.
- Save the file or run it once it is downloaded. If you choose to save the file, you will need to double click on the file to begin the installation process.
- Run the Chromecast app and select the Chromecast device you want to set up from the list and follow the prompts on the screen to complete the setup of your Chromecast.
Further Read: How To Turn Smartphone into Mouse & Keyboard
That’s all guys, I hope that its enough to get stated with Google Chromecast dongle to connect you mobile or other devices with your home television very instantly and interestingly.