Friends, today I am going to take you toward the exciting world of “Google Glass”. I don’t know if you have heard about this or not. But I know that if you have not heard then you will be shocked after reading about this incredible wearing gadget by Google.
Google glass is developed by Google itself. It is a wearable computer or a headgear gadget, which was developed in February 2013. It is also known as project glass. The manufacturer of Google glass is Foxconn. Google Glass works on Android Operating System.
It is not the enhanced version of smartphones or tablets. It gets power from Lithium Polymer Battery with 2.1Wh. It has a CPU with a dual-core processor and OMAP 4430 SOC. It has a display of 640*360 pixels. It takes input through voice commands from the microphone, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, ambient light sensor, and proximity sensor. Its connectivity is done through WiFi with the range of 802.11 and Bluetooth and micro USB.
Google Glass can take snapshots and record video up to 720p HD. The touchpad is just located by the side of Google glass and it is used to control the device. Google glass can be controlled by “Voice Action”. Voice action works as directed by the controller. For example, if we have to record videos we have to just say “record a video” and if we have to take a snapshot we have to just say “take a picture”.
Google Glass is a Versatile Gadget
Google glass is a multi-functional gadget with cool and interesting functions. Its different functions are as follows:
- Google glass shows messages: It shows text messages just in front of your eyes. The interesting thing is that you can reply to the messages without using your hand just through voice commands through the microphone. Just go on to say your message on the microphone then this message will be delivered to your friend to whom you want to send it.
- Google glass helps you to find information easily: It displays the information right in front of your eyes on the related topic which you want. You just need to do is to ask a question and the device will search the information on the related topic from Google and display it right in front of you. Like if you want to get information on the history of India you just need to do is ask the question “What Is the History of India”? Then the gadget will search for the information for you from Google and display it right in front of you. And whatever information you want.
- Google glass helps you to take videos and snapshots: It helps you to take videos and snapshots very easily. It is much easier to use than any other gadget. The thing you want to do is just say “record a video” to make a video and just say “take a picture” to take a snapshot. You don’t need to use your hand to do any of the things. You can also share these pictures and videos on social networking websites.
- Google glass broadcast live video: It broadcast live videos to your relatives and your friends to whomever you want. For example, if you are at a party or in your child’s school play and you want it to be shared among your friends and relatives then you can easily do it with Google glass.
- Google glass even translates languages: It is a very useful feature for those who have to visit different countries for their interest or for a job. It translates your language to another language that you desire. The only thing you have to do is just ask your Google glass to translate the sentence into another language and the device will speak it for you.
It has many other interesting functions like showing you the alternate route when there is traffic in your route, it will keep noting your daily routine like when you are going to the office and when you are coming back, and has much more interesting functions.
- Camera: Photos – 5 MP, Videos – 720 p
- Sound: Bone conduction transducer
- Backward: Bluetooth-capable phone
- Memory: 1 GB RAM, 682 MB for developer
Now it is available for almost $1,500.