You would know that Adobe Flash is one of the most popular and widely used software required to serve streaming media, advertisement and interactive multimedia content on web pages and Flash-enabled software and there are some new technologies coming in the market and taking the place of Flash such as HTML 5. But, if you visited a website that supports Flash software for playing videos, then it is must to have Adobe Flash in your device too. But, iPhone or iPad users may disappoint in this case as iOS doesn’t support Flash software at all. So, if you’re an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad user and wants to play Flash videos on your device, you definitely would be looking for any solution and here it is!
In this article I’m going to tell you how it is possible to play Flash videos on your iPhone and iPad very easily and even you won’t need to jailbreak the device.
How to Play Flash Videos on iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad
I know you all would be eager to know how to play Flash videos on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch so let me tell you about it.
Honestly guys, the only thing you need to play Flash videos on your iPhone or iPad is Puffin Web Browser Free App that you can install from iTunes App Store.
[UPDATE: This app is no more available on iTunes App Store. We will soon update this article with an alternative software]
Puffin Web Browser supports Adobe Flash v16.0 and you can play every video in this browser that needs Flash player.
Puffin Free is the free version of the Puffin family and supports Adobe Flash over cloud during “off-peak hours” from 6AM to 6PM (subject to change without prior notice).
Here are some features of Puffin Web Browser:
- Incredible Loading Speed
- Adobe Flash v16.0 support over cloud during off-peak hours (in the daytime)
- The Whole New Tabs Browsing
- Download to Cloud (Up to 20M per file)
- Theater Mode
- Adjustable Flash quality
- Puffin World
- Virtual Trackpad (Mouse Simulator)
- Virtual Gamepad
- Add-ons functions (Pocket, Evernote, Facebook, Translator and more)
- Color Theme for Toolbar and Slidebar
- Full Web Experience (Desktop view and mobile view）
- Incognito tab for private browsing
On the one hand the Puffin Web Browser iPhone app has so many features including the Flash support, it also has some limitations as stated following:
- The data centers of Puffin Web Browser are in the US and the cloud servers can only access public web sites from US geolocations.
- For users outside the US, local content, especially videos of local interest, may not be accessible from the US due to geo-restrictions in your home country.
- Due to the Internet censorship, Puffin Web Browser is blocked in China and Saudi Arabia.
- Some Essential iPhone Tips for Beginners to iOS 8
- Free iPhone Apps to Watch TV Shows and Movies Online
If the above mentioned limitations don’t affect you, you can install this app from App store to watch Flash videos on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.