Working on a MAC operating system distinctively requires huge amount of skills to understand its intricacies. It is the most prominently used operating system among the technical people due to its outstanding features of superior quality in terms of integration as well as security. Performing the significant task of uninstalling a program on MAC OS X is really simple and convenient as compared to a Windows OS. You are not required to carry out any lengthy procedure for uninstalling a software program. A wide diversity of measures are available with the help of which, you can easily get purge of such software program.
Uninstalling using Trash
One of the most common and widely used processes of uninstalling a software program in MAC OS X is by the trash. You can simply delete the program by sending it to the trash of your system. You are just required to adopt the following steps to delete them from trash:
- The primary step involves you to log in your distinctive administrator account of MAC. In case you don’t own admin rights, you will have to provide a password while deleting anything from it.
- After successfully logging in your administrator account, you are required to open the folder of applications.
- The next crucial step that follows involves dragging of the respective program folder to the Trash.
- The last step involves emptying of the Trash Box which will permanently uninstall as well as delete the program from your system.
Deletion of Preference and Supportive Files
Directly moving the program folder to the trash box might leave certain preference as well as supportive files on your system which also essentially require to be deleted from the system to ensure complete uninstalling of that particular program. Some of the major steps involved in the deletion of such files include:
- The preliminary step involves the opening of library folder which comprises of all files.
- The next step significantly involves the searching of the respective file which can be effectively done by searching for the program name.
- After finding the respective files of that particular software program, the next step requires you to move the respective files in the trash folder. Thereafter empty the trash box to permanently delete these files.
That’s all about uninstalling a software program/application from Mac OS X. Other than this, you can also directly delete the software program through the launch pad, if you have installed the program from the app store of MAC.