Everyone throughout your career has always told you that your resume should be compact and to the point. It should give just the required information to the recruiter. Novorésumé does exactly that in an easy-to-read structure and layout.
When recruiters get hundreds of resumes, the easiest-to-read and the most perfect layouts are the ones that get noticed. A touch of professionalism in your resume can go a long way to make you stand out. And that is what Novorésumé helps you achieve.
In this review, I’m exploring the pros and cons of Novorésumé and what makes it stand out from the rest of the resume builders out there.
Pros of Novorésumé
- Standard Industry Sections: This is a big challenge for all job seekers. Most people don’t know which sections should be included in their resumes to best define their key assets. Novorésumé takes care of that because its templates are developed by experienced HR professionals from different industries.
- Content Optimizer: This feature evaluates the information you add to your resume and provides instant suggestions to make it more effective.
- Drag-and-drop Layout: Novorésumé allows you to create your own custom layout using the drag-and-drop feature.
- Layout Optimizer: It also has a feature that automatically optimizes the content’s layout to deliver the most readable copy to your potential employers.
- Live Preview: There is also a feature that shows a live preview of the resume as you add the information. So if something doesn’t look right, you can instantly make changes instead of having to redo everything after having created the complete resume.
- Tips to Succeed: Things become simpler when you get professional tips at each step to ensure that you are adding accurate and most useful information (that your potential employers are seeking). It is like having guidance at all times when creating your resume.
- Create Stunning Cover Letters: There is no other feature that can help your application get noticed better than an attention-grabbing cover letter. Choose from a number of templates and create the perfect cover letter with tips from HR experts to help your resume win top priority among recruiters.
- Change Templates: Novorésumé allows you to change the resume template anytime during the resume-building process. The same rule applies to cover letters too.
- Change Theme/Fonts: The resume builder also lets you change the theme and fonts anytime. The settings section further lets you change date format and separator space.
Once you have created your resume and cover letter, you can download them individually with just a click, ready to be sent to the recruiter.
Read Also: Best Websites to Create Appealing Resumes Online
Cons of Novorésumé
- The professional tips feature is quite useful for most users, especially beginners. But it can seem to be too intrusive at times. At some points, you do know what information goes best in a section, and seeing that tip pop-up can be a little distracting. However, there is the option to hide those tips if you want.
- The overall interface is too professional. It is interactive, but we could have asked for a little more elegance.
We couldn’t find any other cons to Novorésumé. It is a truly professional resume/CV/cover letter builder that offers just the right options with guidance at each step to help you build the perfect resume. It doesn’t matter whether you are a newbie or an experienced executive, it will take you through the process without you ever requiring help from anyone else.
Basic VS Premium Account
There are clear differences between the basic and premium accounts. If you want to create a winning resume with all the key features, it is best to choose the premium account that starts from just $29.99 per three months. A comparison between the premium and free account is as follows:
|Create a Senior CV with up to 3 pages||Create a basic resume with just single page|
|Choose custom layouts||Access limited to predefined layouts|
|Create a professional cover letter||Cover letter feature is not accessible|
|Create a max of 18 versions per language||1 Version|
|Add professional sections to resume||Includes all the basic sections needed|
|Add rating styles||Limited to 1 infographic rating style|
|Choose from 20 more color themes||Access to basic theme|
|Choose from 11 additional fonts||Access to basic fonts|
The annual plan costs just $69, just around twice as much for the three-month plan, and makes more sense in helping with your job hunt.
The above-mentioned list of pros has already explained why Novorésumé is the ideal resume builder. It has an easy-to-use interface that makes it even simpler to create your resume. Besides, it is not just a resume builder, you can also create a cover letter or CV.
There are many resume builders out there, but Novorésumé offers the perfect platform to create winning resumes. Some of its features, including cover letter creation, are available only to premium users. The premium account can also give you access to more templates.
So if you are looking for an intuitive resume builder that can help you win more interviews, Novorésumé is the ideal option. The templates, layouts, and tips are all developed by HR experts with years of experience in their specialized industries.