Many organizations and professionals use IBM Lotus Notes or HCL Notes for maintaining smooth collaboration and communication. However, there are a few drawbacks to using IBM Lotus Notes.
IBM Lotus Notes is fairly expensive, and it has a complex UI. As a result, it’s hard to use without technical knowledge. Plus, it doesn’t provide the option to create multiple accounts, and its maintenance takes a serious effort. Therefore, many companies using IBM Notes are looking to migrate to a more convenient email client.
One such convenient email client is Microsoft Outlook. Taking the business world by storm since its inception, Outlook is simple-to-use and maintain, cost-efficient, and time-saving. Consequently, many businesses and individuals are looking to shift their communication medium to Outlook from IBM Notes.
But shifting emails and other mailbox items from Notes to Outlook isn’t straightforward as IBM Notes doesn’t have any built-in options to export the NSF files of Notes to the PST file format that Microsoft Outlook supports. So, when moving to Outlook, you need a reliable NSF to PST converter software for safely migrating your important mail documents.
This is where Stellar Converter for NSF makes your life easy by providing you with a secure and robust service.
An Overview of Stellar Converter for NSF
Stellar Converter for NSF is a very reliable software that converts NSF files of Lotus Notes to PST files supported by Outlook. You can easily import the converted PST files to any Outlook profile and get access to not just your previous emails but also other documents such as calendars, journals, attachments, etc.
Apart from saving as PST, you can also save the converted NSF files as MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, and PDF.
The software comes in two versions.
- Corporate Version: It is the basic version of Stellar Converter designed for individuals who need to convert a few NSF files to migrate to Outlook. It costs around $199 for 100 mailboxes and $149 for 50 mailboxes.
- Technician Version: It is designed for organizations and IT companies and can handle the migration of multiple NSF mailboxes to Outlook PST and directly migrate to Office 365. The Technician version has the capability of converting multiple NSF files at the same time. It costs $399.
Standout Features of Stellar Converter
- File Search. The search files option in Stellar Converter for NSF lets you find your desired files within your local computer in no time.
- Log Register. The Log Register is found in the “Menu” under the “View” All the previous conversion logs can be found here. Plus, you can also know how long a conversion will take here.
- Preview. Found on the right side of the screen where you can preview your Lotus Notes items and validate them.
- Filter. The “Filter” option is another handy feature. You can select emails by particular date ranges or convert emails from a certain sender using this option.
- Six Different Saving Options. You can save your converted files in six different formats, including PST, MSG, RTF, EML, PDF, and HTML, using Stellar Converter for NSF.
- Handling Large Files. Stellar Converter for NSF can easily convert large NSF files. Moreover, you can split such files into small segments after conversion.
System Requirements for Stellar Converter
Stellar Converter for NSF can run on computers with moderate specifications. The system requirements specified for Stellar Converter for NSF are given below:
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
- Processor: Pentium Class
- Storage: 250 GB
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and 11.
A Step-by-Step Guide for Converting NSF files with Stellar Converter for NSF
Open Stellar Converter for NSF and you will see the main interface. As you can see from the image, you have two options: Browse the NSF file by using the “Select NSF file” option, select the NSF file, and then save it by clicking on the “Save Converted File” option.
Now, the left side of the folder hierarchy will show a preview of the mailboxes. You get the option to select all of them or specific items for conversion from here.
After selecting the item to convert, click “Save Converted File” from the Home menu to save your converted file. You will see a total of six saving options. Choose any of the six formats, including PST.
Next, you will get an option to choose your saving destination. Browse your computer, select a saving destination, and click “OK”.
You will see a progress bar that defines the saving process status by showing how many items have been converted.
Finally, you will see a confirmation saying your conversion was successful.
Stellar Converter for NSF is an exceptional tool for converting NSF files because of its standout features and capabilities. It is good value for money, reliable, provides six different saving options, and is excellent at handling large files. The Stellar Converter for NSF should be your go-to option if you’re looking for an all-in-one solution for migrating from IBM Lotus Notes to Microsoft Outlook.