The taskbar is such a bar on the desktop of your computer which is used to launch and monitor the running applications. Microsoft launched the taskbar in Windows 95 and till now in Windows 8 it is also available with lots of enhanced features. In the case of Windows 7, Microsoft ended the free mainstream support for on January 13, 2015, but still, Windows 7 is the most popular operating system among its users and that’s why for Windows 7 power users I’ve collected some surprising and very useful taskbar keyboard shortcuts.
You wouldn’t know that your Windows 7 taskbar can do whatever you never thought about and the following taskbar shortcuts will give the evidence.
Read: How to Pin My Computer Shortcut to Windows 7 Taskbar
If you’ve a Windows 7 computer or laptop, I suggest you keep trying the following shortcuts and let me know how did you find these shortcuts for your Windows 7 taskbar.
Taskbar Shortcuts for Windows 7 Power Users
- Win+T: Focus and scroll through the items of the taskbar.
- Win+B: Focuses on the System Tray icons.
- Win+number (1-9): Starts the application pinned to the taskbar in that position, or switches to that program.
- Shift+Win+number (1-9): Starts a new instance of the application pinned to the taskbar in that position.
- Ctrl+Win+number (1-9): Cycles through the programs pinned to the taskbar at that position.
- Alt+Win+number (1-9): Opens the Jump List for the application pinned to the taskbar.
- Shift+Click on a taskbar button: Quickly open another instance of a program (if one is already opened).
- Ctrl+Shift+Click on a taskbar button: Open a program as an administrator.
- Shift+Right-click on a taskbar button: Shows the window menu for the program (like XP does).
- Shift+Right-click on a grouped taskbar button: Shows the window menu for the group.
- Ctrl+Click on a grouped taskbar button: Cycle through the windows of the group.
- Middle-Click on a taskbar button: Open a new instance of the application.
- Middle-Click on button preview: Close that application instance.
More Related Posts for You:
- 35 Browser Shortcuts for Smarter Browsing Experience
- The Most Common Keyboard Shortcuts that are Useful for All
Have you tried them? If yes, you would definitely adore them. I hope these Windows 7 taskbar shortcuts will be proven very helpful for you in your daily use. Also, let me know if you know any other shortcuts that I missed here.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in January 2015. The content has been updated multiple times for freshness and accuracy.
Nice magic tricks for my taskbar. nice 🙂