Mother is one who cares and loves her son more than anything in the world. So, if you’re out of your home or hometown and wanna make your mom, wife of anybody else know about your location again and again, then Tata Docomo’s new Track Me service can help you.
With the help of this service, you can share your exact location with anyone very simply via SMS. Now, many questions might be arising in your mind that what is track me service, how to activate it and how it work etc. So, be patience and let me tell you answer of your every question.
What is Docomo’s Track Me
Track Me is a mobile service, where subscribers can conveniently publish their location coordinates to a pre determined number. This is a completely voluntary service, where the subscriber chooses to be tracked by a known person and not the subscriber tracking someone. The service event can be initiated by a simple SMS to a predefined number.
The service instantly tracks subscriber location and updates all registered contacts by SMS. It continues to send location updates every 15 minutes for coming 2 hours.
The common procedure to activate this service is to SMS TM <Recipient’s 10 digit mobile Number> to 55777. In the recipient’s 10 digit number, you have to enter number of whom you want to update with your location details.
Track Me Day is a variant of Track Me. This varient is introduced to increase the time of subscription. It means as Track Me works for only 2 hours but Track Me Day works for 8 hours and updates you recipients every 30 mins. To apply for this service, you just need to SMS TMD <Recipient’s 10 digit mobile Number> to 55777.
How To Activate Track Me/Track Me Day
I’ve already told above the way by which you can subscribe to Track Me or Track Me Day service very simply via your phone. Just follow these simple guidelines to apply for this amazing service.
- SMS TM <Recipient’s ten digit mobile Number> to 55777 for 2 hour service. This is for Track Me Service plan.
- SMS TMD <Recipient’s ten digit mobile Number> to 55777 for 8 hour service. This is for Track Me Day Service plan.
- Activated subscriber will receive confirmation SMS on service initiation, service usage and service charges.
- On service activation, Track Me recipient receives subscriber’s service initiation SMS followed by subscriber’s 1st location detail SMS.
- The recipient continues receiving location details for the following 2 hours or 8 hours depending on choice of subscriber plan.
How To Deactivate This Service
In case, if you don’t find this service useful, then you can deactivate it anytime in seconds. To deactivate any of your value added services at anytime, simply call 155223 (toll free) or SMS STOP to 155223 (toll free).
Important Things You Should Know About This Service
- Track Me: Location SMS every 15 min. for 2 Hrs @ Rs.5/- per event.
- Track Me day: Location SMS every 30 min. for 8 Hrs @ Rs.10/- per event.
- The subscriber is billed only on event initiation.
- The service is based on approximate location tracking through cell sites on Tata Docomo networks.
- Track Me services are available on best effort basis and subject to network coverage and if you’re out of coverage area, then message sending might fail.
Most Frequently Asked Questions About Track Me
I’ve also filtered some of the most frequently asked questions about Track Me service of Tata Docomo. Have a look on them and clear your doubts too.
Que: Is Tata Docomo’s Track Me / Track Me Day available in my area?
Ans: The service is currently available in selected cities only. Visit Tata Docomo website to see the selected cities and states.
Que: Do I need a special handset?
Ans: No. Tata Docomo’s Track Me / Track Me Day works on all handsets capable SMS feature. The service is not dependent on 3G, GPRS or EDGE data connectivity.
Que: Why didn’t the recipient of Track Me / Track Me Day service get my tracking SMS?
Ans: Check typos or errors in the SMS number used during event initiation. Make sure to enter valid ten digit mobile numbers only.
Que: I have balance in my account, I still got an SMS “Sorry your request could not be processed. Please try again later.
Ans: The server was unable to process your request, please try again after a few minutes. Failed instances are not billed.
So, that’s all about Tata Docomo’s Track Me service. Still if you’re feeling any problem regarding this service or can’t activate this service, you can mention your query in our comment system to get instant solution.