E-sports has evolved rapidly in the past two decades, propelling its entry into the multi-billion-dollar range by 2025. And while a big chunk of this revenue owes to tournament pools, a considerable percentage revolves around e-sports betting.
Many bookies have thrown their hats into the e-sports betting ring, catering to punters who want to get in on the action. They now feature some of the top-tier and emerging games, allowing punters to have their pick and lean on their preferences.
Besides competitive odds, a wide range of games, and ongoing promotions, bookies have learned that releasing esports betting apps has worked like a charm. Why have punters been drawn to these apps compared to wagering on desktops or mobile browsers?
Let’s find out.
What are the Benefits of Mobile Apps?
Mobile apps are common and cater to different needs: communication, health, fitness, coordination, etc. As a result, many people have at least two to three apps on their phones. Bookies realized that introducing apps would thus be in line with most punters’ ways of life as they already had an app or two on their devices. But what about these betting apps pushed punters to ditch mobile web browsers and desktop browsers?
Gone are the days when punters had to seek out their bookies to place wagers. Placing wagers has become much easier, and the convenience of using mobile apps comes about in three ways:
- Portability: Unlike laptops which are hefty and take up a lot of space, mobile apps are installed inside smartphones that barely feel heavy in the pocket. Thus, a punter will have no issue downloading and installing an app on their phone as it will not feel like a load.
- Accessibility: If you compare mobile web browsers and mobile apps, one thing will stick out to you – ease of access. Why is that? With a mobile web browser, you must load your browser, key in the site name, and wait for the pages to load. But with a mobile app, the pages are already loaded and available on the interface. So, you can easily navigate to the betting markets, make your pick, and get started on your wagers.
- 24/7 Availability: Punters can access the apps anytime to place their preferred wagers, as the apps do not have opening or closing times. Besides, since most people are on their phones most of the time, placing a wager is as easy as switching from one app to another.
Anytime a punter wants to place a wager, they can whip out their phone, tap the app, and get started instead of loading a page on a browser.
2. Live Streaming
Watching a game play out adds to the adrenaline punters experience each time they place a bet. In the past, this would have proven challenging as they would have had to load the game on their PC. But now, most betting apps come with live streaming options, which pave the way for:
- Catching the action live: It’s easy for punters to assess teams and players by watching them go head-to-head with their opponents. Such experiences make it easy for punters to place knowledgeable wagers in the subsequent games.
- Placing live bets: Many bookies now have live betting options. In this way, a punter can watch a game live, and if they think they made the wrong bet, they can save some of their capital or break even by placing a contrary bet. They can also seek loopholes in the gameplay and use them to inform their wagers, thus raising their profit margins in each game.
If punters do not want to watch the games live, they can take advantage of the live stats available on the apps, allowing them to place likely bets.
Using a betting app is an easy way to save time, thanks to the following perks:
- Fast Loading Speeds: Mobile apps are optimized to save time by loading pages fast. Once you tap on the app, you can view the entire interface and easily navigate the betting section. Choosing a bet and confirming a wager takes about a minute, allowing you to complete the process even when you are on the go.
- Easy Cash-Outs and Deposits: Betting apps are designed to accept and payout wagers in the shortest time possible. Most of them even have e-wallet and crypto options, enabling you to save time and money when transacting.
Additionally, betting apps save your information so that you do not need to enter your details each time you want to use the app. To prevent people from accessing your app, you can add safety features like fingerprint sensors, passwords, or facial recognition.
Some e-sports betting apps also offer bonuses and promotions to encourage more punters to use them, thus lowering your buy-in. Such incentives help you turn a higher profit with lower capital investment. To get the most out of betting apps, choose reputable options with good reviews from past and present users.