Every parent loves helping their kids learn more about something they are interested in and we all know that videos are the most interactive way for kids to learn anything more quickly as it’s our habit to catch visually presented things more quickly. As we all know YouTube is the worldwide popular video search engine and the best place for watching videos online but it’s not that safe for kids at all, so you will be happy to know that Google on 23rd February 2015 introduced YouTube Kids App especially for kids which is now available on Google Play and App Store.
The team Google made this app very safe and easy to use for kids to explore the things they wanna watch or learn. The YouTube Kids App is brightly and playfully designed with the little ones in mind.
This app makes it easier for kids to find any episode or tutorial with larger images, bold icons, and more. One of the best things about this app is that if your kids can’t spell or type correctly, they can still find videos of things they’re curious about.
Related: Free Learning iPhone Apps for Kids
As you know very well YouTube is full of thousands of different kinds of videos even such that are not appropriate for kids but now with the YouTube for Kids app, parents can rest a little easier knowing that videos in the YouTube Kids app are narrowed down to content appropriate for kids.
Your kids can browse channels and playlists in four categories: Shows, Music, Learning, and Explore. Or search for videos of particular interest, like how to build a model volcano, math tutorials, the amazing (and endless) world of trains—and everything in between.
Along with favorites from DreamWorks TV, Jim Henson TV, Mother Goose Club, Talking Tom and Friends, and more, your kids can watch new series from YouTube channels they already like. Discover new facts about dinosaurs from National Geographic Kids; learn about technology from Reading Rainbow, or watch Thomas the Tank Engine leave the world of Sodor for the first time in 70 years to travel the globe. Plus, more new videos are coming soon from beloved YouTubers like Vlogbrothers and Stampylonghead.
Not only this, one of the most important features of this app is still left i.e., parental controls. How can you control the experience or activities of your kids on the YouTube Kids app?
There are a few options for controlling your children’s activities:
- With a built-in timer, you can limit kids’ screen time and the app will alert your child when the session is over.
- Sometimes you need a little peace and quiet! You have an option to turn off background music and sound effects, so your kids can keep watching while you catch a breather.
- One of the most important restrictions that can be made for kids with this app is search limitation. You can turn off the search feature for your kids so that they will only be able to watch pre-selected videos from the home screen and won’t be able to search for anything on the YouTube Kids app.
More Recommended Posts:
- Create GIFs from YouTube Videos from its own GIF Maker
- Best Places for Kids to Learn Coding by Playing Games Online
So, overall I can say that this app is a must-have for your kids if you want your children to learn different things of their interest. With this app, your kids can learn along with having lots of fun and all this is in your control! Isn’t it the best app for kids?
Source: Official YouTube Blog