Everyone loves to use keyboard shortcuts as they save time as well as effort. Whether you’re using an operating system like Windows or any browser such as Chrome, keyboard shortcuts can help you get your task done more quickly.
Well, Windows has many basic pre-defined keyboard shortcuts that most of us are being used in our daily routine such as CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+A, etc.
But, do you know in Windows you can also create your own quick keyboard shortcut for launching any specific program? In this article, I’m going to guide you on how to create your own keyboard shortcuts to launch different Windows programs.
Creating Own Keyboard Shortcut for Any Windows Program
You can easily create your own keyboard shortcut for any Windows program. Following are the simple steps to create own keyboard shortcuts for Windows programs:
- At first, right-click on the program icon and then choose Properties from the options.
- Click on the Shortcut tab in the Properties box. Here you’ll see a shortcut key option filled None inside.
- Now, click on that Shortcut Key box where None is filled inside, and then tap the key you want to use as a shortcut for the related program. The keyboard shortcut will be formed as CTRL+ALT+Key. (For example you pressed V, the keyboard shortcut for the related program will be CTRL+ALT+V).
- At last, click on Apply and then click OK to confirm the changes. Now you can simply use this keyboard shortcut every time to launch the program.
More Interesting Articles:
- Important Taskbar Shortcuts for Windows 7 Power Users
- How To Pin My Computer Shortcut To Windows 7 Taskbar
That’s all about creating your own keyboard shortcuts for different Windows programs to call them quickly by using keyboard shortcuts. It will save you lots of time while going to work on your PC.
Isn’t it a useful trick for Windows users? So, if you’re a Windows user and liked this post, don’t forget to share it with your friends on different social media profiles.