Do you know that just like as your Twitter and Google plus custom URL, you can also create your Facebook profile custom URL to make your profile more authentic and realistic. For example my Google Plus URL is https://gooogle.com/+RamanSharma and Twitter URL is https://twitter.com/EasyRaman, so in the same manner you can modify your Facebook profile username to make it look professional.
You can choose any custom URL or username for your Facebook profile but make sure that you can modify your Facebook profile username only once, so be careful while creating the custom URL for your Facebook profile.
Here are a few guidelines you should have in mind before creating the custom URL for your Facebook account:
- You can’t claim a username someone else is already using.
- I already told that you can only change your username once. So, choose a username you’ll be happy with for the long term.
- Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (“.”).
- Usernames are not case sensitive and periods (“.”) and capitalization don’t count as a part of a username. For example, johnsmith55, John.Smith55 and john.smith.55 are all considered the same username.
- Usernames must be at least 5 characters long and can’t contain generic terms or extensions (ex: .com, .net).
Now, it’s time to tell you how can you change your Facebook profile username or create a custom URL for your Facebook profile.
Create a Custom URL for Your Facebook Profile
Login to your Facebook account and click on the drop down (triangle) button on the Facebook notification bar and choose Settings.
You will be redirected to the General Account Settings. Here, click on Edit link just in front of Username section.
Now, you need to choose a username and as I told you already that be careful while changing your username because it can’t be changed again anyhow. So, enter a new username for your profile carefully and save changes.
As you can see in the above picture that I’ve created a custom URL for my Facebook profile that can be accessed through facebook.com/EasyRaman or facebook.com/easyraman.
- How to Create a Custom URL for Your YouTube Channel
- How to Add a Follow Button to Your Facebook Profile
So, by using this procedure you can also create a custom URL for your Facebook profile just like as mine. Also let me know how do you find this article and ask if any question in your mind. Good day 🙂
Thanks for the article, it really made my Facebook profile URL professional.
Yea Anand, me too 🙂