Are you looking for an extension for grammar correction? If yes, you are at the right place because this article is dedicated to the best Chrome extensions for grammar correction and spell check. Sometimes unknowingly we make mistakes that change the context of an entire sentence.
One day I received an email from an educational app and there was a line – this is good for the drain. Actually, the line was – this is good for the brain. It was a typo in which b changed into d. It was a minor mistake that can be happened by anyone, but these minor mistakes can change the entire meaning of a sentence.
There are other examples too, like spots instead of sports, his instead of this. Therefore, I suggest everyone use grammar and spell-checking tools to avoid such mistakes. Using Chrome extensions for grammar and spell check will make your task much easier.
Using grammar correction extensions doesn’t mean you are not good enough at grammar. Typing mistakes are common while writing something in a flow. Sometimes we miss some writing mistakes while proofreading. But if you will use the below-mentioned Chrome extensions for grammar correction and spell check, your spelling or grammar mistakes will get noticed by these extensions automatically.
10 Chrome Extensions For Grammar Correction and Spell Check
I have listed the most popular grammar and spell checker extensions for your Google Chrome browser which will not only identify your mistakes but also improve your writing skills.
Grammarly is the most popular grammar correction tool that can be used separately on different browsers, devices, Microsoft Office, Google Docs, etc. You can add a Grammarly extension to your Chrome browser to check grammar and spelling mistakes.
It is also available as a paid application where you can check your readability score, grammar, and other issues of your write-up. At present, it has 10,000,000 users with a rating of 4.5 out of 5. The majority of reviews are positive.
- Grammarly is the most suitable application for writers and other writing-related job roles.
- You can select different writing styles and tones.
- It can show different results in 2,3 searches of the same document.
- Directly writing on Grammarly is risky, your content may be lost if any network error occurs.
The Language Tool extension is easy to use and available for different browsers. It comes with multiple language selections, while in Grammarly, suggestions are only for English. As of now, it has 2,000,000 users with a rating of 4.8 out of 5. Users shared their positive feedback and experience with this extension. However, some users are found to be not happy with it while using the Dutch language.
- It allows you to set your own rules and enable/disable them on different websites as per your need.
- Picky mode is available for language and tone selection.
- You can turn on synonym mode for suggestions of synonyms.
- Picky mode settings are not user-friendly.
- You need to activate synonym mode from the settings page, it is not visible while writing content.
Same as the LanguageTool, this extension also allows you to use multiple languages. You can use it for Gmail, LinkedIn, Google Docs, Slack Web, WhatsApp Web, Outlook, Facebook, and Twitter. As of now, it has 1000,000+ users with a rating of 4.8 out of 5. User reviews reveal that the extension is amazing for grammar and spell check but it has some bugs. Sometimes it gets stuck.
- Advanced AI technology helps translate and rewrite simultaneously.
- It has its own Wordtune editor to write your content with full confidence.
- The free version offers extremely limited features and you can rewrite any word only 10 times.
- The free version is not suitable for those who are working on long writeups frequently.
- If you are not using it frequently on email after some time icon will vanish.
Ginger looks like a good alternative to Grammarly. It works the same as a Grammarly extension. Ginger will notify spelling mistakes and grammar errors in real time so that you can correct them. It offers high-quality text translation, AI-based synonyms, and a dictionary.
It has 700,000+ users with an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5. According to the user reviews, it is not 100% accurate while showing and correcting mistakes. It has some glitches but is fine for average correction work.
- It has a wide database of vocabulary.
- Allows you to rephrase a sentence.
- Suitable for book writing and daily writing work as well.
- Unable to detect misuse of semicolons.
- It is not able to detect passive verbs.
- Accuracy is quite low.
5. Prowriting Aid Grammar Checker
This is another good spell and grammar checker web-based application. It checks for mistakes in spelling and grammar, consistency, and tone, and guides you for improvement areas. All its features make it perfect for content creators and professional writers.
It has 2,00,000 users with a rating of 4.8 out of 5. Users shared their positive experiences with this extension. They shared that they can easily find mistakes in their document and increase their productivity with the help of this Chrome extension.
- This tool also indicates duplicate words.
- It is suitable for daily use and long writeups.
- Limited features in comparison to Grammarly premium.
Outwrite is an automated tool for grammar correction and spell check. It improves your writing skills by providing suggestions and synonyms. It works on all online platforms like LinkedIn, WordPress, Medium, etc. At present, it has 60,000+ users and a rating of 4.7 out of 5. People shared in reviews that the extension works fine but sometimes it shows wrong suggestions too.
- It makes your writing more efficient and stronger through suggestions.
- Strong suggestions to enhance sentence style.
- Sometimes it gives inappropriate suggestions.
7. Sapling Grammer Check
It feels like software more than an extension. Although this is a paid tool, the Chrome extension is free to use. It corrects your writing mistakes and also gives suggestions for grammar and improvement.
You can use this extension with Google Docs, Gmail, LinkedIn, and Outlook. It has 50,000 users with a rating of 4.4 out of 5. Users shared positive feedback in reviews while some users reported bugs. As per reviews, some users are facing problems with the ignore button.
- You can use it for American, British, Canadian, and Australian English.
- Extension commits to detecting more mistakes in comparison to any other extension.
- The Google Docs slide bar is missing.
- Complex to use.
8. Linguix Grammar Checker
This is another Chrome spell-check extension for content creators. Linguix is another popular AI-based spell and grammar check extension with over 50,000+ users. This is a powerful tool to write on any web-based platform like Google Drive, Gmail, LinkedIn, or WordPress.
Users have given this extension a rating of 4.6 out of 5. Some reviews reveal that when it shifts from one page to another it puts a full stop and starts the next word with a capital letter in the middle of a sentence which is time-consuming but can be managed for small content.
- It provides sentence rephrasing and punctuation errors just like other available extensions.
- It gives synonym suggestions and word definitions.
- Along with a word counter, it has a sentence counter too.
- Does not follow the oxford comma rule.
- Synonyms and word definitions are not covered in the free version.
9. Grammar Checker by LinangData
This grammar checker extension indicates spelling mistakes and syntax errors in English content. It gives you suggestions to improve your write-up and highlight your mistakes. At present, it has 50,000+ users with a rating of 4.7 out of 5. Users shared their experience in reviews that the app is user-friendly and easy to use. This is good for finding grammar mistakes and minor spelling mistakes.
- You can also count words with this extension by selecting text on a web page.
- Highlight errors based on the syntax of sentences and shows alternate words.
- Not visible while writing on Google Docs or Medium.
- Sometimes, we need to copy and paste the text to find mistakes.
Becorrect helps you in writing emails and texts on social media. It will indicate your writing mistakes so that you can correct them. This Chrome extension is the same as other extensions for spell and grammar checking.
Currently, it has 10,000+ users with a rating of 4.7 out of 5. As per reviews, this extension is good for grammar and spell check.
- You can use it for English and Polski.
- Writing suggestions wherever you write on Chrome.
- Sometimes it doesn’t recognize minor mistakes.
- Comes with only a 7-days free trial.
These are the best chrome extensions for grammar correction and spell check to improve your productivity while writing important stuff. You can check ratings and user reviews and can have an idea of which application is the most suitable for you. Above mentioned grammar and spelling checker chrome extensions will make your writing skills smoother and stronger in less time.
If you consider my suggestion, I will recommend Grammarly as one of the best Chrome extensions for grammar correction and spell check. Along with Grammarly, I also liked LanguageTool and Becorrect Chrome extensions. However, you can try all the above-mentioned grammar correction and spell checker extensions.