Video conferencing is the next big thing. It is a technology that is growing rapidly and is still gaining popularity. But what is it exactly?
If we look at some video conferencing definitions, it’ll become clear that it’s just another, simple, and more convenient way to communicate online in groups. Video meeting participants gather on the web and talk in a virtual room where they can see and hear each other and use several additional features: share screen and files, send messages, or draw on a virtual whiteboard.
Video conferences transform the way we communicate, work, and collaborate remotely, entailing numerous benefits both for employees and business owners. However, without proper equipment and digital infrastructure, there’s no sense in adopting this technology.
Today, we’ll learn more about video conferencing, its benefits, and discover one of the most effective solutions for companies with a remote workforce.
Why Use Video Conferencing?
Video conferencing technology granted us another opportunity to communicate with distant people face-to-face while staying far away from each other. It’s an excellent tool for companies that have employees working from home, partners located in faraway countries, and customers spread all over the world.
There are many reasons why businesses start implementing video conferencing technologies within their team:
1. Job interviews
The hiring process is usually tiring and challenging, especially when it doesn’t deliver any positive results. This often leads to a waste of time, energy, and resources. But with high-quality, instant communication channels, like video conferencing, HRs can conduct job interviews more effectively and find new talents times faster.
2. Team meetings
Team communication is one of the most essential factors of company development and success. While working from home, workers feel a lack of productivity, loss of motivation, and complain about numerous distractions. Fortunately, most modern video meeting apps offer interactive and engaging tools capable of keeping the whole team motivated and concentrated even during the most boring virtual events.
3. Training new hires
After hiring a new person, it’s crucial to train them to work in a remote environment. This includes teaching them how to set up conference calls, send emails, distribute important documents and files, manage projects, and deal with clients. With a reliable service that includes the features of screen sharing, remote control, and virtual whiteboarding, these tasks become twice easier to perform.
4. Sales calls
The market offers a broad range of platforms for remote communication and collaboration both within a team and with clients. Many of them offer an all-in-one remote working place with a call center, CRM, and other tools sales specialists require for proper work.
5. Customer service & support
Along with tools for sales, many platforms offer software for conducting online customer service and support. Any business needs to have such a tool implemented in their team. Nowadays, customers demand special treatment. They want to get answers as quickly as possible, so such software makes this possible with chatbot support, 24/7 availability, and convenient built-in chat boxes.
How to Get Started?
Fortunately, video calls don’t require any special technical skills, equipment, or professional consultancy. There are just a few simple things you need to start your first conference:
1. A device with a camera and microphone
Today, video conferencing is available across all modern devices and operating systems. So you can take any smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop with a camera and install proper software on it.
2. Stable internet connection
Internet connection is an essential thing without which it’s hard to start an online meeting. That’s why, before joining a conference, make sure you’re connected to the internet or look for a WiFi hotspot nearby.
3. VoIP application
Once you’ve got everything set up, it’s time to download an app to start a conference call. It’ll serve as a VoIP (Voice Over IP) provider. It allows hearing and seeing other parties in real-time via the internet.
Top Solution for Video Conferencing
Choosing an ideal application for your business is rather a challenging task. Why not make it simpler? Today, we’d like to introduce you to Whoosh, a brand-new service for video conferences that guarantees the best possible online experience!
What is so special about it?
Whoosh is more than a traditional app for online meetings. It’s a virtual all-in-one space for engaging and impactful meetings worth recalling. The developers worked hard to create an interactive app with tools powered by the latest technologies – Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality, Computer Vision, and Machine Learning.
So what’s inside?
- Full-HD video quality and supreme sound. What is most important for video conference calls? Video quality. Whoosh provides Full-HD quality of every virtual meeting even with a low-bandwidth connection. The image is so sharp and clear that you will forget about the distance between you and other participants. What is more, the audio quality is also excellent thanks to background noise canceling and sound enhancements.
- AI-powered features. To make a virtual experience much more interactive and engaging, the developers added several AI-powered tools to the app: gesture recognition, smart scheduling assistant, AR masks and filters, photorealistic avatars, and cloud recordings – Mementos.
- Weatherman layouts. Live up any boring presentation with unique layouts, just like weathermen use! Set any image, website, slides, or YouTube video as a background with your face in front of it. Move the speaker across the screen, change slides with gestures, and engage with the audience in a totally different way.
- Touch-up tools and virtual backgrounds. Everyone wants to look professional during online meetings. With Whoosh, it’s possible! Choose from dozens of superb touch-up tools and 3D animated backgrounds to refresh your look and be ready to do business.
- Audio stream splitting. This brand-new feature allows users to divide into groups and talk, collaborate, and work on various tasks without interrupting other participants. With audio splitting, everyone will continue to hear the main speaker, but the sound volume decreases.
- Compatibility with all modern devices. Whether you’re an Android user, a fan of Apple devices, or just can’t imagine your life without a laptop, the good news is that Whoosh is available on any device with a camera and a stable internet connection.
The Bottom Line
Video conferencing is here to stay. And you should come prepared – find a perfect app for your team. This may be challenging but starting something new is always exciting. Just remember one important thing: make an impact, not meetings. Host your next conference with Whoosh and spread your word across the globe.