Two brands, Samsung and Apple, always have to do with good quality and making premium flagship smartphones. Anyone who wants to pick up a new high-priced smartphone will consider these two brands. But, when it comes to making the final choice, everyone gets confused. To clarify your choice, we keep bringing comparison tutorials for you. In the series, today, we are going to present a comparison of the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra vs Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Both the smartphones are top-up the line but have a significant price difference. So, it became necessary to compare the phones to make sure if you are buying the right piece or not. If you planning to buy a phone in this segment and are not sure which one to buy, you are at the right place. Here, you will see Samsung S22 Ultra vs iPhone 13 Pro Max comparison.
Samsung S22 Ultra VS iPhone 13 Pro Max: Performance Specs
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra has Android 12, One UI 4.1 operating system, and iPhone 13 Pro Max has the iOS 15 operating system.
- The processor in Samsung S22 Ultra is Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 with Octa-Core CPU. On the other hand, the iPhone 13 Pro Max comes with an A15 Bionic chipset and Hexa-core CPU.
- AnTuTu score of Samsung S22 Ultra is 968359 and 801691 of iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is powered by a huge 5000mAh battery whereas the iPhone 13 Pro Max has a 4352mAh battery. Moreover, both smartphones support fast charging.
We found that both the smartphones are having the best-in-class performance specs, but which one performs better? According to the tests, including AnTuTu scoring, the Samsung S22 Ultra performs faster than iPhone 13 Pro Max. Also, in terms of power backup, Samsung S22 Ultra gives extra battery backup than iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Samsung S22 Ultra VS iPhone 13 Pro Max: Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra features a set of 4 cameras (108MP primary sensor, 10MP telephoto sensor, 10MP periscope telephoto sensor, and 12MP ultra-wide sensor) with a LED flash. And iPhone 13 Pro Max has a triple camera setup (12MP primary sensor, 12MP ultra-wide sensor, and 12MP depth camera) with a dual-LED flash.
- Samsung S22 Ultra supports 8K (24FPS) and 4K (30/60FPS) video recording, whereas the iPhone 13 Pro Max supports doesn’t support 8K video recording, it only supports 4K (24/30/60FPS) video shooting.
- Both the smartphones have stereo sound recording features and HDR 10+, but only iPhone 13 Pro Max has cinematic mode and Dolby vision features in the back camera.
- The selfie camera in Samsung S22 Ultra is a 40MP sensor and a 12MP sensor in iPhone 13 Pro Max.
In terms of camera features, iPhone 13 Pro Max is finer than Samsung S22 Ultra. Along with other basic camera features, iPhone 13 Pro Max gives you multiple extra features like cinematic mode, Dolby vision recording, and a dual-LED flash. Moreover, the photo and video shooting quality in both smartphones is excellent and meets the same level.
Samsung S22 Ultra VS iPhone 13 Pro Max: Display
- The Samsung S22 Ultra features a 6.8 inches Dynamic AMOLED display with 1440×3088 pixels resolution, and the iPhone 13 Pro Max has a 6.7 inches Super Retina XDR OLED display with 1284×2778 pixels resolution.
- Samsung S22 Ultra’s display has a 120Hz refresh rate and a 90.2% screen-to-body ratio. With the same 120Hz refresh rate, the display of the iPhone 13 Pro Max has an 87.4% screen-to-body ratio.
- For the screen protection, the Samsung S22 ultra has Gorilla Glass, and iPhone 13 Pro Max has Ceramic Glass.
Obviously, the display factors are different, but there is no such difference in both the smartphones’ displays. Moreover, the refresh rate, which is a major feature of the display, is the same in both smartphones. Accordingly, the display should not be one of the reasons for your decision.
Samsung S22 Ultra VS iPhone 13 Pro Max: Design & Dimensions
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra looks very stylish and slim with curved corners and an edgy frame. On the other hand, iPhone 13 Pro Max gives the same bulky look with rounded corners as iPhone 12.
- Both the smartphones come with front and back Gorilla Glass protection. The Samsung S22 Ultra has an aluminum frame, whereas the iPhone 13 Pro Max has a stainless steel frame.
- The dimensions of the Samsung S22 Ultra are 163.3×77.9×8.9mm and 228grams weight. The Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max’s dimensions are 160.8×78.1×7.7mm and 240grams weight.
No doubt, the Samsung S22 Ultra is better than the iPhone 13 Pro Max in terms of looks. It is because the iPhone 13 Pro Max is carrying the same old design and the Samsung S22 Ultra is presenting a premium stylish design.
Samsung S22 Ultra VS iPhone 13 Pro Max: Price
- Starting from 1,09,999 INR, the price of the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra goes up to 1,34,999 INR; 12GB + 250GB – 1,09,000 INR, 12GB+256G1B – 1,18,999 INR, and 12GB+1TB – 1,34,000 INR.
- And the price range of the iPhone 13 Pro Max is 1,27,000 INR To 1,79,000 INR; 128GB – 1,27,490 INR, 256GB – 1,36,490 INR, 512GB – 1,59,900 INR, 1TB – 1,79,900INR.
As mentioned earlier, both smartphones have well enough price differences. At a cost of 1,09,999 INR, you get Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra’s 256GB variant, whereas the same variant of iPhone 13 Pro Max will cost you 1,36,490 INR. However, the lowest variant of iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB is available at 1,27,000 INR, but this particular variant is not available in Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.
Samsung S22 Ultra VS iPhone 13 Pro Max: Connectivity Features
- Wi-Fi 0, Dual-band hotspot, GPS, and NFC are common connectivity features in Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- Samsung S22 Ultra supports Bluetooth 5.2, whereas iPhone 13 Pro Max supports Bluetooth 5.0.
- Both the smartphones have equipped with stereo speakers but didn’t get the 3.5 jack.
- Samsung S22 Ultra has an under-display fingerprint sensor and face unlock system. But, iPhone 13 Pro Max has Face-Id unlocking system, and it doesn’t have any fingerprint sensor.
Which One is Better Among Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max?
We have gone through the features comparison of the Samsung S22 Ultra and iPhone 13 Pro Max. Hopefully, you are pretty much wise to all the various features of both smartphones. Now, it is time to decide which one is better.
As mentioned, both the pieces are top-up the line. But, if you have to choose any one of these two, then you should prefer your choice according to your uses. For example, if you are going to use your phone for photography and videography, then you will pick a phone that gives you a better camera performance with lots of features. And, in another case, your choice will be different if you want a phone that can give you a comparatively better experience, convenience in multi-tasking, and unbeatable performance.
Now, coming to the final thoughts. You should choose iPhone 13 Pro Max if you are buying the phone to click pictures, shoot videos, and require some extra security features. Otherwise, the Samsung S22 Ultra is the better option among Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and iPhone 13 Pro Max.