When you auto-rotate your residential IP proxy, up to a thousand request scripts are created by the 3rd party server. These can be launched to numerous online sites to create the same amount of new IP addresses for your use. From the proxy pool, a proxy server assigns a new IP address for every connection.
As an example, it is commonly used in e-commerce to neutralize proxy lists that restrict their online business activity. The automation of these core business fundamentals uses the rotating proxies to side-step the list of blocked IPs. Don’t worry if that doesn’t make much sense at present, below we break it down and look into rotating proxies in more detail;
What Are Rotating Proxies?
Every individual proxy in each predetermined proxy pool has a unique composition as a separate residential device. Whatever site is being targeted cannot monitor the traffic or track anything because it will not even be able to see any new connection requests. This, in turn, makes a rotating proxy extremely valuable and very sought after.
They utilize uber effective back-connect nodes in the rotating proxy services which provide mass pools of location-targeted IPs. This is very productive as you can create endless residential connection requests by connecting to one single node for any country-targeted IPs.
How Do They work?
A rotating proxy establishes new connections by assigning new IP addresses to each new connection request. The host’s server will rotate each request every time, assigning a new IP address with each connection. It provides a base for the avoidance of subnet bans and can elevate web scraping and auditing whilst comfortably protecting privacy and activity traffic.
Where Are They Applied?
The security and anonymity of rotating proxies leave you free to scrape the web as your IP is fresh every time you make a request. Therefore rotating proxies are mostly applied to web scraping for various reasons:
- Proxy rotation helps you unlock content for any given device even if you are in a geo-restricted area or using a mobile IP when making the request.
- A pool of proxies is an efficient tool that allows any internet user to crawl websites reliably, with reduced chances of getting you blocked or banned.
- Proxy rotation is a productive feature that can be particularly useful for those wishing to target online retailers to scrape product data from.
- A proxy pool is the best way to create a large number of requests to some target without getting banned.
- Using IP rotation, you can bypass blanket IP bans that are imposed by certain websites.
Proxy rotation is a productive tool that will gain you access to all areas for scraping while shielding against being identified and potentially banned. This is an attractive proposition if your main focus and tasks revolve specifically around web scraping. Always make sure you follow the best web scraping practices to avoid damaging or harming the target website to ensure your continued activities are not flagged for unusual behavior.