The PDF file format is extremely useful for distributing static or dynamic multimedia information. It is lightweight and won’t easily get corrupted. In addition, you can apply password and encryption security and it’s easy for multiple people to digitally or electronically sign your files. They’re so versatile that you can easily convert PDF files into Word documents or any other editable file formats that can be crawled by search engines.
But only a reliable PDF creator will be able to faithfully render the original content in the destination PDF, keeping the text, images, layout, alignment, and other attributes intact during the conversion. With PDFelement, it’s literally a one-click job to get any file in a PDF format. But PDFelement does a lot more than that, as we’ll see.
Method #1. Create PDF Using PDFelement With One-Click
The easiest way to convert any document into PDF is to import it to a PDF editor like PDFelement. The software makes it extremely easy to do, and it’s as simple as dragging and dropping the source file into the program. Here’s how to do it in steps:
- After you install PDFelement, you can simply use your mouse to click-drag your source file either into the program itself (if it’s open) or even the desktop icon.
- The file will automatically open as a PDF document after being converted.
If you have the application open on your computer, you can also click the Create PDF module on the home page and select your source file in the Explorer window, and hit Open to import as PDF. You can also use the Combine PDF module to turn multiple source documents into a single PDF.
And that’s all there is to this process, but this is what every PDF creator does and it’s a basic function. PDFelement not only does it with a high degree of accuracy, but it takes things to the next level with some additional PDF creation features, as described below:
Method #2. Create PDF with Print Command
If you have PDFelement installed on your Windows PC, you can use the Print Command to create a PDF. Here are the steps:
- Have your source file open in its native app: e.g. MS Word for Word docus, MS Excel for a spreadsheet, and so on.
- Go to the File → Print menu item and you’ll see a new Wondershare window to interface with your printer.
- In the Printer section, select Wondershare PDFelement, turn on ‘Let the app change my printing preferences, and click the Print button at the bottom.
- When the file opens as a PDF document in PDFelement, go to File → Save and name your newly created PDF.
Method #3. Create PDF Directly from the Scanner
With PDFelement, you can also use your scanner and create PDFs directly when a hardcopy document is scanned. To do this, the following steps can be replicated on your PC:
- Launch PDFelement and go to the Home tab, from where you can click on ‘From Scanner’ to open a new window.
- In the Create from Scanner window, choose the scanner in the top drop-down menu and hit Scan at the bottom.
- Your newly created PDF will open inside the program and it will be fully editable. During the process, you’ll also have an option to scan additional pages from the same document so they can be merged into a single PDF.
After it’s scanned, the PDF document can be put through the OCR plugin and converted into an editable version of the exact same content. So, this is how you can easily create a PDF file using any of the above methods.