This is the mentality of most of us to avoid ads even displaying on a website or anywhere else. However, the ads may also be helpful for you in such a case if there any offer provided by any company, etc. So, still, if you want to block ads, there are different methods for different devices.
Most of the free Android apps and games include unwanted ads to earn money. But if you are irritating with these ads, you can simply remove them from your Android apps, games, and browsers. Here is a simple and strong method to disable ads on your Android device and ads will never be seen on the Apps, games, and browsers anymore.
Remove Ads From Android Apps, Games & Browsers
As there are various methods to remove ads from Android apps, games, and browsers such as by using AdBlocking Android apps. It may be difficult to select a reliable app for blocking ads, so here I’m going to tell you an alternative method for blocking ads without using any app or rooting your phone. In this method, you’ll need to replace your host’s file with another hosts file.
Have a look at the following steps to block ads from your Android phone using the hosts file:
- Visit this link on your computer browser and you’ll see a pain text page. Now, Copy and paste whole the page into your computer notepad and save by naming hosts.
- Now, using USB or Bluetooth connection, transfer this file from your computer to your Android phone and note the file location.
- Now, Copy this hosts file to the location /etc or /system/etc. You may require superuser permissions for accessing this location.
- If there is original hosts file available on your phone, rename it to .txt or .bak extension and paste the saved hosts file here.
- Now Reboot your Android Phone and your phone is now ad-free.
MUST READ: Block Untrusted Websites on Your Android
That’s all guys! I hope this trick will help you. After applying this trick your phone will be completely ad-free and you can enjoy free apps, games on your phone without annoying due to ads.
There may be a lot of problems if you lost your hosts file from your phone. So, you should be very careful about that. Take all the steps very carefully and always keep the back up of your hosts file.
As the article guides you on how to block ads from your Android phone even in apps, games, or browsers, but in my opinion, the ads are also important for us. Through ads, you can know about new sites, new offers, and information. The companies pay for the ads you’re looking at on apps, games, or browsers that’s why more and more people can see the ad of their product and interesting offers.
However, not all the ads are made for you, and if you think that ads are useless and annoying, by using the above procedure you can block them from your Android phone.