Do you want to turn on/off Windows 7 automatic updates? So, if you wanna turn off, then a question arises in my mind that why do you want to turn off Windows 7 automatic updates? This is because there are plenty of benefits of keeping Windows 7 automatic updates on. With automatic updating, you don’t have to search for updates online or worry that critical fixes for Windows might be missing from your computer. Windows automatically checks for the latest updates for your computer. If you turn on automatic updating, then most security, reliability, and compatibility updates download and install automatically.
So, if you want to turn on Windows 7 automatic updates, then with the help of this article you”ll learn how to turn on Windows 7 automatic updates. Despite this, for any reason if you want to turn off automatic Windows 7 updates on your PC, then this article will also help you.
How to Turn On or Off Windows 7 Automatic Updates
Now, look at the following steps to learn – how to turn on or off automatic updates in your Windows 7 laptop or desktop computer. So, lets have a look:
- Primarily, open Windows Update by clicking Start icon in your Windows 7 desktop. To do so, type Update in the search box and in the list of results click on Windows Update.
- In the left side of the screen, click on Change Settings.
- Now, under Important Updates, select the option that you want & in the Recommended Updates select the Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates check box.
- Finally, click on OK and if you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide the confirmation.
- How to Fix Freezing or Not Responding Issues in Windows
- How to Activate XP Mode in Windows Computer
So, that’s all, now you can easily turn on or off Windows 7 automatic updates on your laptop or desktop computer. Still if you’re having any problem in this regard, then feel free to speak your mind in the comment box.