Linux is a commonly known operating system for the computers which is distinctively assembled according to the open source model of software development as well as distribution. The more time you spend in discovering the distinguished command line of Linux, the more you will be fascinated and attracted towards its usage.
An extensive flock of users are available who are addicted to the usage of Linux command lines. Some of the most common as well as effective tips for the Linux Beginners include:
- Tree: This particular command line ensures effective printing of files as well as folders in the form of tree recursively.
- Python – m HTTP Server: This particular command line is significantly used to create easy web page for currently operating directory on the Port 8000.
- Ctrl+X+e: You can instantaneously fire up a distinctive editor available in the terminal by using this key combination in Linux.
- The Sudo trick: This command line helps you when you forget to run a particular command with sudo. You are not required to rewrite the entire command again. You can simply type sudo to run it conveniently.
- Shuf: This command is particularly meant to select random lines, files of folders from a distinctive file or folder.
- Last: You can significantly use this command to know about the history of users who has lastly logged in the account.
- Ctrl+I: This command is significantly used to instantly clear the shell prompts.
- Screen: In order to reattach or detach an extremely long run process from a particular session, this command can be effectively used.
- Look: The look command can be used to look away a distinctive English Word in the dictionary directly from the shell in the situation of confusion.
- Tac: This command initiates reverse printing of content available in a file.
- Factor: The factor command will provide you with every possible factor available of decimal numbers.
- Strace: It consequently acts as a debugging tool for the users.
- Host and Dig: This distinctive command will provide you with the best utility of DNS lookup.
- <Esc>. & <Alt>. : This particular command acts as a tweak in Linux which is capable of putting the last argument command at the prompt ensuring that the last command entered appears first.
- Expr: This command facilitates you to solve simple calculations of mathematics from your individual terminal with ease.
- Mtr: It is a distinctive command which is a significant outcome of combining traceroute command and Ping command.
- Nl: The nl command in Linux helps the users to produce effective output of the content available in the text file along with numbered lines.
- Pstree: This command is effectively used in Linux by the users to recursively print running processes along with the processes of child.
- Curl ifconfig.me: In order to acquire the external IP address of your machine, you can significantly use this command.
- <Space> command: By using this particular space command prior to the bash command you can prevent it getting recorded in the history of Linux.
- Dstat: In order to effectively generate a reliable statistic related to your system resource, you can use this command.
- Pv: This command is just equivalent to the Hollywood movies which distinctively outputs the simulating text.
- File: You can immediately get complete information related to the type of file by using this particular command.
- Mount I Column –t: This specific command is particularly meant to list the mounted system of files in a good formatting along with specifications.
- Id: Obtain the effective print of the group ID and user id by using this particular command.
- > file.txt: You can promptly flush out the entire content present in a text file on a single click with this command.
- ^foo^bar: If you wish to run your last entered command with slight modification, without rewriting the entire command, you can effectively use this command to serve the purpose.
- Pdftk: This command turns out to be a good approach to concatenate huge amount of PDF files in one.
- At: it is a significant time based command which is used to run a fastidious command.
- Yes: With this command, you can continue printing a string without any interruption until the instruction for interruption is given.
- Convert: This particular command automatically converts the command output into a picture.
- Bind –p: It essentially displays the list of all shortcuts which are available in the bash.
- Ping –I 60 –a IP_address: This command particularly pings the IP address provided with an audible sound to inform that the host is alive.
- Touch/forcefsck: It ensures forceful check of file system on the next consequent boot.
- Getconf LONG_BIT Command: It clearly provides the output of Machine architecture in Linux.
- Watch –t –n1 “date +%TIfiglet”: It displays an animated digitalized clock on the prompt.
- Isb_release: You can acquire an effective print of information related to distribution specifications.
- Curl ipinfo.io: Obtain the output of geographical information related to IP address through this command.
- Sed Command: It helps in converting the DOS format file into a Unix format file.
- Find .-user xyz: Acquire the list of all files owned by the user xyz.
- Find –size +100M: The ultimate combination of this command provides the list of all files and folders with the size 100 M and above.
- Startx – :1: You can create another new session X with this command.
- Ps – LF –u user_name: It produces the output of threads and processes of a particular user.
- Nc –ZV localhost port_number: You can essentially check whether a particular is open or not through this command.
- Isof –iTCP:80 –sTCP:LISTEN: This particular script provides the output of all the processes and services by using the port 80.
- Disown –a && exit: It significantly runs a particular command in the background even if you have closed the terminal session.
- Grep command: this command helps in searching for a particular string available in a file.
- Ssh command: Ensures successful login to the remote host.
- Apt-get build-dep package_name: Whenever you install any particular package, this command will automatically create all dependency.
- Awk command: Ensures successful removal of duplicate lines.
- Xargs command: Helps in copying entire images into the external hard drive.
MORE POSTS FOR YOU:
That’s all! These are the 51 very useful Linux commands or you can say tips for beginners. I hope these Linux commands will help you use Linux operating system more easily.