As we all know all Apple phones are very costly and that’s why it is very necessary to protect them from mobile thieves. So, Apple itself provides its own anti-theft app named Find My iPhone to track your lost iPhone and iPad. As it is made by Apple, it is the most reliable and great free app.
Let’s Know a Few Things About Find My iPhone
Find My iPhone is Apple’s own anti-theft app to find lost Apple smartphones. If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you find it by using another iOS device and protect your data. There are various features of this app –
- Locate your phone on a map
- Plays a sound for two minutes
- Remotely lock your device with a passcode
- Display a custom message on the lock screen
- Remotely erase all the content and settings on your device
- Provides a Lost Mode
- Battery Charge Indicator
Install Find My iPhone App
Find My iPhone is a free app for Apple devices and strongly tracks your lost smartphone with various methods. You can simply install this anti-theft app from the iTunes app store. Here is a link from where you can install this app.
How To Set Up Find My iPhone App
Before you can use the Find My iPhone app, you need to turn on Find My iPhone on your iOS devices and Mac computers. Now, follow the procedure to set up Find My iPhone on your iOS phone and on your Mac computer.
Set up in iOS Device
Follow the steps to set up this app on your iOS device whether it is iPhone or iPad:
- On your iOS device’s Home Screen, tap on the Settings icon and then tap on your Apple ID from the top.
- Now, if you are not signed in, it may ask you to log in using your Apple ID and password.
- You’ll see a Find My option. Tap on it.
- Here, turn the Share My Location toggle on and then tap on the Find My iPhone option and turn all the toggles on.
Set up This App For Mac
Follow the instructions to set up this app for your Mac computer after installation:
- On your Mac, Choose Apple Menu and navigate to System Preferences > iCloud.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and Password, if asked.
- Now, select the Find My Mac and confirm if asked for any confirmation.
That’s all guys! You can simply locate your smartphone with this app. I hope this article will be helpful for you and you all will like this article. If so, don’t forget to share your read on your social networks.